Ya gotta laugh

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Sinsemilla

Re: Ya gotta laugh

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:39 pm

Yota wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:37 pm
One thing, can anyone show an image or a link to the type of tackle that is meant to connect the skirt leader to the main line please. I had a swivel and clip but the clip didn't sit right on the plastic ring thingy on the skirt leader - in my opinion. I tried searching online but only found examples of people making the actual skirt attach to the head.
Have you got a pic of what you're talking about? I'll throw up a couple pics of how i have mine rigged.

Good that you got out there mate. Getting the lures out and finding out what speed the lures work best at is a perfect way to start and is all you need to do for tuna really. From there just adjust the distance the lures a sitting behind the boat depending on the bite and that's it.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:56 pm

Crimped ends with teflon coated sleeves. I then have clips off my main line that i clip the lure onto.

The beads are for spacing the hook away from the head so it hangs further back on the lure.

Cheers, Anth
Attachments
20200208_180104.jpg
20200208_174528.jpg
20200208_174544.jpg
20200208_174620.jpg

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:10 pm

From my understanding they’re spread right along the coast, and the bulk of them are sitting off Anglesea area, so surprised you didn’t hook up Yota! Good on ya for having a crack though mate. You would have clocked up a few kms going to Lorne and back. Shame you didn’t even score a kingie on that trek as they’ve been going well off BH in 40-50m recently. Hopefully you get your arms stretched with a good hook-up next trip mate ;)

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:56 pm
Crimped ends with teflon coated sleeves. I then have clips off my main line that i clip the lure onto.

The beads are for spacing the hook away from the head so it hangs further back on the lure.

Cheers, Anth
Thanks Anth, thanks for going to the trouble of posting pics much appreciated, yes in the second image you posted of the close up of the line end that’s pretty much it, except the one I’ve got doesn’t have the round profile it’s got a square edge so I think it sits wrong on the clip.
Actually I just took a close up and if you look closely it appears to me the square edge has been worn off now by me trolling it yesterday so I guess it all works out ok.
I was just concerned the clip I was using might be wrong.
So 2nd image is of the clip I was using.
Attachments
29F4192D-01C3-48A8-A74C-2A1CCCFE5CB2.jpeg
4D268EC7-F173-4BB7-A0FC-E1E318BC3142.jpeg
0ED26301-1DAA-413A-8F88-1767D7893487.jpeg

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:37 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:10 pm
From my understanding they’re spread right along the coast, and the bulk of them are sitting off Anglesea area, so surprised you didn’t hook up Yota! Good on ya for having a crack though mate. You would have clocked up a few kms going to Lorne and back. Shame you didn’t even score a kingie on that trek as they’ve been going well off BH in 40-50m recently. Hopefully you get your arms stretched with a good hook-up next trip mate ;)
Thanks Red, yeah that’s what I’ve been reading to, the reason I have it a go, but my excuse will now be that they were down deep because of the swell :rf:
Oops my mistake I didn’t go as far as Lorne it was around Jan Juc/Torquay that I did the uturn and headed home. Still, a fair way at 15klm/h in rolling swell. :)
Cheers

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:38 pm

My pleasure mate.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean now. Those line protectors are a bit of a pain. I only use them with like 200lb+ line and big clips otherwise they don't fit nicely together like you've said.

I find the teflon coated stuff like in my photos or just clear plastic tubing works best with lighter lines, lets say to around 150lb.

The line that's on the lure in my pics is either 60lb or 80lb i can't remember

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”