Gunners..

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Gunners..

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:55 am

CarlG wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:
CarlG wrote:Surprise surprise...the sambo`s were there...none stop for a couple of hours..from .5-1.5 kg fish...the standard gunners mayhem once I found them..gorgeous weather, stunning scenery, top notch fishing...does it get any better..?
Fish were very aggressive, hitting the lure on the drop before I`d even got a chance to bloody wind..lol...And yes FC, I did text that photo so you wouldn`t give me grief lol..
Very relieved, best sesh in the last 6 or 7 weeks..
Carl.
Carl would you say that the Salmon around now are more likely to bite on lures rather then bait or it wouldn't make a difference. I've only ever surf fished with bait and poppers so wondering wether to try with lures.
Hey mate..I always fish with lures for salmon. A number of reasons come into play, the school can be anywhere on the beach, so you want to be mobile. All I carry is my rod, and a little shoulder bag with some leader and a few lures in it. Secondly, when you catch a salmon, you want to be straight back in on the action, so you have no rebaiting or any of that crap to deal with. Thirdly, when your using lures, I think it stirs the salmon up more, especially when there`s a couple of you working close together. For instance, fished gunners a while ago with Brett, he hooked up a good fish, all I did was chuck my lure in behind his, bang, hooked up a 2kg chap..It just makes more sense to lure fish for salmon to my mind. Finally, in the local salmon comp that ran over the winter, out of the top eight, I think 6 at least were caught on lures....what does that tell you..?
Carl..
Stop wasting my time with bait :lolf:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:16 am

raul, if the salmon is around, lure outfishes bait by a mile. If the crabs are around, your bait wont last long enough for any fish to find. Another thing, if you are spinning bait soakers seem to ignore you even if you toss a lure close to them for as long as you dont give them troubles. :cheers:

with the temp rising, now I can leave the waders and fish like Carl - on boardies. :thumbsup:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:25 am

Fish-cador wrote:raul, if the salmon is around, lure outfishes bait by a mile. If the crabs are around, your bait wont last long enough for any fish to find. Another thing, if you are spinning bait soakers seem to ignore you even if you toss a lure close to them for as long as you dont give them troubles. :cheers:

with the temp rising, now I can leave the waders and fish like Carl - on boardies. :thumbsup:
Thanks guys I think I might give lures a go :victory:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:19 am

Fish-cador wrote:

Bout time ya got some kahoonas

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 am

Brett wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

Bout time ya got some kahoonas
hey, dont pick on me. :bat: I hate getting wet. :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: I am a gremlin and nasty things pop out of me when I get wet. :lolf: :roflmao:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:37 pm

hey Carl, the picture of sambos you sent to the Total tackle report is OLD. I have this picture on my phone. :super:

http://www.peninsulatotaltackle.com.au/ ... 23-11-2012

will you fish tomorrow? I will be there around 10AM, rain or shine, big swell or not. When the wind starts picking up by 330PM, I will try for cala.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Fish-cador wrote:hey Carl, the picture of sambos you sent to the Total tackle report is OLD. I have this picture on my phone. :super:

will you fish tomorrow? I will be there around 10AM, rain or shine, big swell or not. When the wind starts picking up by 330PM, I will try for cala.
Lol...yeah, old news eh..? Yeah, check ya PM for tommorrow`s schedule...
Hope we get onto them so I can get some better bloody photo`s for Dan...
Carl..

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:02 pm

CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:hey Carl, the picture of sambos you sent to the Total tackle report is OLD. I have this picture on my phone. :super:

Carl..
will pass by kmart. I have no 40Gm lures :angry:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:44 am

Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:

Carl..
will pass by kmart. I have no 40Gm lures :angry:
Running low myself mate...will have to wait till next week though...bloody kids....lol....
Carl..

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:47 am

High tide rapidly approaching...outta here in half an hour or so...fingers crossed...hope the buggers are there again...
Carl..

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”