Anyone planning to go for Sambos tomorrow Morning 5 - 8am?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Anyone planning to go for Sambos tomorrow Morning 5 - 8a

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Soulstar, did you manage to find the gutter and the fish?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Post by soulstar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi fellow fishermen,

I have been away on holidays on a cruiseship and just arrived back as of Sunday. To answer your question FC I ended up getting to gunners at 1:30am as the forecast changed for the better breathing northerly winds early on as opposed to the predicted 5 - 8am so I did go!

I had a head torch which saved my life all night as I would have struggled in darkness but I went down the hill just past the life saving club! scared the cleaner along the way (late night maintenance)

So, I used 2 surf rods and had a bottle filled with stinky burley i poked holes in and tied with a rope and staked at the shore line! Must I say theres the occasional freak wave and had to shift every hour or so!

The surf rods had "suicide hooks" normally used for snapper thoughh my target was gummys during the night. I was told carp is a good bait to use and had caught one a week prior coincidently!

So i hade 4 fillets to last me the night cutting up in cubes and flicking it out using a polinester rig set up!
It was hard to tell if i was getting bites due to the waves and current but i assumed cos of the type of fish i was after my rod would scream! (which it did not)

either my bait would be untouched after checking it 10 - 15mins later or it would be gone with the skin still attatched (meaning crabs were having a go)

In the end i had such a ball I didnt look at the time since i was there. first light came and surfers made their way to the beach as well as old locals who knew where the gutters were! As soon as light hit i saw the gutter was a short stroll to my right before it becomes very rocky!

so i took the surf rods away and used my new gillies 40gm i bought to try on the sambos!
me and my fishing partner spun 4 diffrent varieties with no luck up and down the beach! by 12pm i got my spinner snagged and so did my friend so after that we called it a day!!!

Sorry i couldnbt say i caught somthing! however the old locals where catching mullet like no tomorrow close to shore and i swore i saw a school of whiting only 2 metres out! anyways....lots of bait fish around just a shame no salmon!!! id like to hope i done all the right things and they just wernt there!!!

I mean how hard is it to spin a rod.....up and down a beach!!! true????

This is my report!!!

Id love to go when CarlG and Fish Cador is going because they seem to hit the sambos noting previous reports! :) :) :)
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Post by soulstar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Maybe i shouldnt use carp (fresh water fish) as bait next time for gummies! and as for salmon....well the lures i used are ideal so i dunno!!! maybe eel for the gummies next time :)
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”