Western port KG Whiting

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
kev_b

Re: Western port KG Whiting

Post by kev_b » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:10 am

Great catch, Thanks for the link looks very useful for bay conditions..

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:
nhillboy wrote:Had an early morning landbased fish with a workmate 5.00am-10am. Super calm conditions, water temp about 18.5 deg with most fish action 6am-8am, high tide about 8am. Had many bites and bait taken landing 2 x KGW 30cm, 2 x KGW 37cm, 1 big fat gar, tail to mouth 35cm, 3 whiting 27cm released and 5 toadies released. To our surprise no Mullet around. My mate had his share of bites and dropped fish landing only 1 KGW at 36cm around 9.45am. Pipis were the best bait used. Happy to go home with a fish or two for a change. :dinner: :cheers:
Well done nhillboy :) good to see your back on the catch. Can I ask did you fish from pier, rock or sand for your fine catch
Fished from a beach a workmate has been fishing from the last 20 years with his dad. Only showed me 3 years ago after bugging him for years. He says i am the only person he has ever told and i had to swear an oath to keep his secret.

cdrolly

Post by cdrolly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:51 pm

nhillboy wrote:Ha ha ha, my way to test the temp is to put my big toe into the water and estimate warmth.
Seriously, i go to baywx.com a live map of the bay. Gives all sorts of info regarding wind speed in knots, wind direction, water temp etc. Has links for air pressure, water temp for ocean, ppb and western port nth or sth. I always check this site before going fishing. A useful tool for me when planning to go fishing. :cheers:
Thanks boys it was a good session today.
Hey thanks for the web link mate I use WIllyweather but have to use other sites for temp and barro readings.
Great catch too mate...so jealous im stuck in the office scrolling through the forums to ease the fishing pangs I am having....Bloody 7 more days till christmas break...just cant wait... Me and the mrs are planning on spending this whole weekend chasing different land based spots in PPB lol camping out in the back of the Explorer seats down air mattress... I cant imagine a better way to spend it...mebe besides on a boat lol

bradp
Has liked: 42 times

Post by bradp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 pm

nhillboy wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:
nhillboy wrote:Had an early morning landbased fish with a workmate 5.00am-10am. Super calm conditions, water temp about 18.5 deg with most fish action 6am-8am, high tide about 8am. Had many bites and bait taken landing 2 x KGW 30cm, 2 x KGW 37cm, 1 big fat gar, tail to mouth 35cm, 3 whiting 27cm released and 5 toadies released. To our surprise no Mullet around. My mate had his share of bites and dropped fish landing only 1 KGW at 36cm around 9.45am. Pipis were the best bait used. Happy to go home with a fish or two for a change. :dinner: :cheers:
Well done nhillboy :) good to see your back on the catch. Can I ask did you fish from pier, rock or sand for your fine catch
Fished from a beach a workmate has been fishing from the last 20 years with his dad. Only showed me 3 years ago after bugging him for years. He says i am the only person he has ever told and i had to swear an oath to keep his secret.

Ever thought about fishing it overnight with a bigger bait...... all the fish you mentioned (except the toadies) are jewie jelly beans! :fish11:

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Bradp, We have only fished through the night with high tide peaking between 12am-4am 2 or 3 times, because of weather and other factors. We hope to do some more pm/am sessions this summer. On the times we have gone we tend to get the bigger fish, whiting 35-45cm, pinkys 40cm, the odd gummy to a meter and trevally 35cm. All the gummys so far we have released.
cdrolly, have a ripper time smashing the fish. I use Willyweather, BOM and Sea breeze. I find willy's forecast different to the others and more accurate most of the time. The last 2-3 months though i think the Bureau has been better than Willy. :cheers: :gone:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Western port KG Whiting

Post by Brett » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Willy weather and seabreeze and also most other apps for weather, all get the details from the BOM website. It's weird that they are all diff, but it's the way they interpret and then present it on their on site

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”