Show us your purchases!

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by saph » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:42 am

So went down to anaconda today with the intention of buying 5 things but instead walked out with 6 because free gear is the best, Now for those that dont know, ive basicly nearly all but given up on fishing with bait after having basicly 2 years and only 3 fish to show for it but with many more sessions then i can count so for my 3rd year fishing i decided to give soft plastics another chance having used them once before but having a well knowen company basicly say they wont honor australian laws as they are a us company but yet sell alot of gear in australia so i never tried again but now that ive learned a fair bit im willing to try soft plastics again knowing the issues that can happen so today i went out and brought 3 more packets bringing the total to 8 packets of diffrent colors and types, ive also invested in rods for diffrent fish and no luck so sold them off but anyways enough of my story heres the new shiny gear.

Shimano quickfire combo 2-4kg with a shimano sienna 2500 reel, shimano solstace XT rodm 3 packs of zman lures, and some cheap jarvis walker braid in 10 pound and some cheap jarvis walker leader in 6 pound.

The 3 lure packs.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:47 am

saph wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:42 am
Shimano quickfire combo 2-4kg with a shimano sienna 2500 reel, shimano solstace XT rodm 3 packs of zman lures, and some cheap jarvis walker braid in 10 pound and some cheap jarvis walker leader in 6 pound.

The 3 lure packs.

A good start.
If you're looking to upgrade one day, I suggest upgrade the braid line first. It can make a difference.
Enjoy!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

saph

Post by saph » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:32 am

Seb85 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:47 am
saph wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:42 am

The 3 lure packs.

A good start.
If you're looking to upgrade one day, I suggest upgrade the braid line first. It can make a difference.
Enjoy!
Yea i just grabbed cheap braid as i was nearly broke as was and didnt want to walk to bcf to get some of their on sale stuff.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:55 am

some nice purchases there to keep you busy, sign up to dinga and buy the majorcarft dangan braid or daiwa j braid from there, the jarwis walker stuff is rubbish trust me on that.
and whats with the american company not honouring australian law? thats an interesting scenario..

saph

Post by saph » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:43 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:55 am
some nice purchases there to keep you busy, sign up to dinga and buy the majorcarft dangan braid or daiwa j braid from there, the jarwis walker stuff is rubbish trust me on that.
and whats with the american company not honouring australian law? thats an interesting scenario..
Their email back to me

Thank you for providing us with photos of the item purchased.

Unfortunately, we do not process claims or nor do we not ship outside of the U.S.

I wonder if the accc would be interested in this case even at a few years old.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:58 am

saph wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:43 am
purple5ive wrote:
Their email back to me

Unfortunately, we do not process claims or nor do we not ship outside of the U.S.

Where did you buy it from? The US company might not be obliged to honour Australian consumer law but whoever distributes it here will be. If you bought it direct from overseas you’re probably not going to have much luck.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

saph

Post by saph » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:10 am

4liters wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:58 am
saph wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Their email back to me

Where did you buy it from? The US company might not be obliged to honour Australian consumer law but whoever distributes it here will be. If you bought it direct from overseas you’re probably not going to have much luck.
it was kmart but there is little bet of anything happening now since i cant find the packet or the ones it damaged.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:13 am

saph wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:10 am
4liters wrote:
saph wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Their email back to me

it was kmart but there is little bet of anything happening now since i cant find the packet or the ones it damaged.
What brand was it and what was the issue?
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

saph

Post by saph » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:27 am

4liters wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:13 am
saph wrote:
4liters wrote:
saph wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Their email back to me

It was berkely and it basicly exploded from pressure in the packet sending that juice stuff through my tacklebox ruining a few lures.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:34 am

saph wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:27 am
4liters wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:13 am
saph wrote:
4liters wrote:
saph wrote:

Their email back to me

It was berkely and it basicly exploded from pressure in the packet sending that juice stuff through my tacklebox ruining a few lures.
If you’ve got photos send them to pure fishing, they import berkley stuff here

Return to “Show us your purchases”