Show us your purchases!

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by Sebb » Tue May 19, 2020 7:31 pm

sandef wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:05 pm
thanks to purpleFive I got my TD drunkenmonkey today just need some bream
Nice. Gen Black / TD Black is a nice rod. I have three of them.
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:01 am
My latest Bass and EP weapon
p2 (2).jpg
NS Black Hole Amped is nice and light. Sustain is smooth as.
Nice gear there :tu:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed May 20, 2020 11:29 am

Been waiting a while for these to turn up standard reason covid-19 everybody is using it
Attachments
0F1EA4EA-A48C-4AEE-B2CF-A7FD1981550D.jpeg

MasterBaiter24
Has liked: 36 times

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Nude up wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:29 am
Been waiting a while for these to turn up standard reason covid-19 everybody is using it
What fish so you use them on?

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Wed May 20, 2020 12:46 pm

MasterBaiter24 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:17 pm
Nude up wrote:
What fish so you use them on?
Mostly flathead , salmon , trevali , long finned and short finned pike , bream and trout

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu May 21, 2020 12:06 am

Nude up wrote:
Hey nudie what length are those plastics ?

do you buy that brand based on price or do they work better than other brands ?
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu May 21, 2020 8:43 am

Picked up a new fish bag for the yak the other day when they were on special. Seems to fit pretty well although I think I'll need to add a bit more insulation because it seems a little light on. I was going to cut open the lining and put a layer (or layers) of 5mm neoprene, glue it to the inside and then glue the lining back together.

I've also started replacing my kayak fishing reels with Spinfisher VIs. Being fully sealed I'm hoping they'll last me a long time. I spoke to a reel repairer (Dazz's Reel Repairs if anyone is interested) who gave some super helpful advice on keeping the line roller in good condition as that is about the only part of these reels that is exposed.

I had wanted another 2500 size Spinfisher but Trelly's only had the one in stock so I'll drop by the local Compleat Angler and see if they'll match prices with the deal I got online.

I picked up an interesting whiting rod as well. It's got the soft tip a lot of whiting rods have but the bottom half of the blank is pretty sturdy, the idea being it will let you use heavy sinkers in high current places like Queenscliff. That might also be a handy feature for some of the deeper areas I fish too

2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Thu May 21, 2020 9:11 am

hornet wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:06 am
Nude up wrote:

They are a mixture 3 inch 6.5 cm and 10 cm mostly aniseed flavour. They work great and they are Aussie made which is the main reason I buy them. I do use others as well money doesn’t really come in to it.
I saw them on tv once they showed them catching trout which is where they started.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu May 21, 2020 10:23 am

Nude up wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:11 am
hornet wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:06 am
Nude up wrote:

They are a mixture 3 inch 6.5 cm and 10 cm mostly aniseed flavour. They work great and they are Aussie made which is the main reason I buy them. I do use others as well money doesn’t really come in to it.
I saw them on tv once they showed them catching trout which is where they started.
Thx nudie ! I'm more conscious than ever where my stuff comes from now, even if it costs more I'm not fussed as long it's from an Aussie in Australia.
I'd rather help a retailer in Australia, I'm done with China made stuff, where possible I will source from anywhere but there.
A boycott as such, the CCP deserve to be starved of any money for their actions, I didn't want to get political but there it is.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 am

4liters wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:43 am
Picked up a new fish bag for the yak the other day when they were on special. Seems to fit pretty well although I think I'll need to add a bit more insulation because it seems a little light on. I was going to cut open the lining and put a layer (or layers) of 5mm neoprene, glue it to the inside and then glue the lining back together.

I've also started replacing my kayak fishing reels with Spinfisher VIs. Being fully sealed I'm hoping they'll last me a long time. I spoke to a reel repairer (Dazz's Reel Repairs if anyone is interested) who gave some super helpful advice on keeping the line roller in good condition as that is about the only part of these reels that is exposed.

I had wanted another 2500 size Spinfisher but Trelly's only had the one in stock so I'll drop by the local Compleat Angler and see if they'll match prices with the deal I got online.

I picked up an interesting whiting rod as well. It's got the soft tip a lot of whiting rods have but the bottom half of the blank is pretty sturdy, the idea being it will let you use heavy sinkers in high current places like Queenscliff. That might also be a handy feature for some of the deeper areas I fish too

have you thought about using a few of those chill bags you can get from woolies and making a sort of cover for the chiller bag?
i wouldnt be keen to cut open the lining and messing with the bag, just incase it doesnt seal properly again etc..

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 21, 2020 10:50 am

Nude up wrote:
They look great, ive only recent heard of these guys.
colours look great. might have to get some

if you haven't seen or heard of these guys then give them a go as well, also Australian made and have some great range in them

https://www.munroessoftplastics.com.au/

Return to “Show us your purchases”