Ace charters and pro fishing charters

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
MattypVic

Re: Ace charters and pro fishing charters

Post by MattypVic » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Me and a couple mates are trying to go on ace charters on the 5th ,
just hoping for a few more numbers think its $115 for 6 hours if anyone is interested.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:10 pm

bowl wrote:hooked on western port charters facebook page , played footy with the owners brother , pretty good relaxed people, not sure how good their charter but its a big cat boat
yeah I can vouch for hooked on, fished with the owner steve, he used to be a plasterer on the same site as my brother in law. when he threw it in to charter full time we booked a trip for him. good bloke, good gear and got some nice results. If his missus makes lunch you're in for an enjoyable meal lol.

I can definitely vouch for think big too, yeah you dont get a cooked lunch but you will get onto some fish thats for sure, its a more hands on experience.

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 pm

F$@k is it saturday yet? Im itching to get out in WPB . Hopefully all the snapper and everything else are hanging for saturday morning too

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Post by spudtrans » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:31 pm

good luck,
looking forward to your report bigwatkins
the wife and i are going to book a trip in the next couple of weeks

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Just got back. Left hastings at. 7am on the dot moved around maybe 3-4 times and got peanuts. My mate got a 60cm barra and a few of us got bit off but nothing other wise. Rob the captain tried hard but there didnt seem to be anything around. Unlucky for us and even worse for rob the boat broke down hahaha and we had to get towed back in by another boat (one of his mates that has a charter *blue magic*)

He was very apologetic and offered our money back, we declined and organised to go back out when the water has warmed up a bit more.

The boat is old but very comfortable and fairly fast getting around. He cooks a decent bbq hahaha and seemed to have a tonne of knowledge that he was happy to share. Also he gets is to bait up and cast and basically do everything that fishing is about unlike other charters that seem to just hand you the rod when theres a fish on it.
We had two other people with us who said they have been out with him a few times before and bagged out on whiting and caught loads of pinkies.
All in all ill be happy to go back out with him i just hope we get a bit more luck on our side that time lol

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Bad luck bigwatkins I know how much you were looking forward to it. At least you've organised another trip and maybe next time you might have more success
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Post by spudtrans » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:52 pm

hope you at least had a nice day out on the water. there is always a next time at least. some days land based can play the same game.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:58 pm

bigwatkins,you may not have caught any fish, but it sounds like you were well looked after.Any boat is prone to break down, even new ones, I am sure you will have better luck next time, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:23 pm

I went out this morning with Melbourne Fishing Charters, leaving St Kilda pier at 6am. They put us onto some spots that have produced a few pinkies lately but all we managed was mostly undersized flathead. We did get a few keepers but the majority were undersize. A little bit disappointing but at least we were catching something I guess. The bite was hot, albeit not very exciting.

It's the second time I've used them. The operators are entertaining and make a good effort to find some fish, but I don't think I'll use them again because of the lack of good quality fish. I only went with them again because I had a redballoon voucher to use.

Next charter trip will be on Think Big I reckon.

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Cheers guys, yer i still had a great day out on the water with my mates and brother. Im really looking forward to the next trip. The only time i get out on the water is when i pay hahaha.

Ive gone out on a charter leaving from port Melbourne before and all we caught was under sized flattys and banjos as well thats why i went for western port today.

Really itching to get back out hahaha. Will just need to stick to land based for now

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”