Kimberley and NT roadtrip

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Kimberley and NT roadtrip

Post by CarlG » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:36 pm

As usual, absolutely superb writing. A d as always, I love the bird and lizard pics especially.
Quality work Pat.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:20 am

Geez Broomy a little bit more effort and you might have actually got somewhere interesting.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:44 am

Speechless, an epic report and fantastic pictures, you've done it again Broomy, cheers davo :gj:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:13 am

far out, you had an adventure!

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:32 am

I'm finally back in recpetion! Thanks for all the kind words.
KeenAds wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:07 am
Absolutely beautiful mate sounds like the trip of a lifetime
Cheers mate, it was a ripper.
greggo wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:27 am
Definitely the best report ever posted on this, or any other forum...thanks so much for sharing.
Spectacular photography, every photograph could be framed and placed on a wall.

Cheers, Greggo.
Thanks Greggo! From a man who's done a lot of cool fishing, that is high praise.
CannonsJS wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:07 am
Wow, fantastic report.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and the pics are amazing!
Thank you mate!
Mattblack wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 am

Agreed.... they can close off the 2019 Reports Comp now, I think we have a winner
I don't contribute to the forum as much these days so I'd rather sit the comp out. Thanks though!
DougieK wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:50 am
Holy Mcmoly i knew you were on a trip up there but this is something else. Setting new standards in report writing, photography and all round badassery.

East Gippy you say.......
I might have to jump in your car the next time you cruise past on one of your rock missions..
Lightningx wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:06 am
Top report mate!
Thoroughly enjoyed the read with all the amazing pics!
Thanks for sharing mate :)
Cheers :tu:
Thanks mate!
Kimtown wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:12 am
mazman wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:14 am
Awesome report pat, was really hoping you would do a full write up of this one after seeing dribs and drabs of it elsewhere but this is just incredible
I actually take great joy following his blogs.

Read every single one on his blog page. They are all amazing. My favourite was his Darwin charter disaster (still would be an awesome time)

I really do hope you find time to do more trips soon Broomstick.
Haha!! That disaster charter...now that's going back a bit. That might even be the first blog I wrote. Still amazed we made it back from that..

And so do I mate!
smile0784 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:39 pm
What a wonderful trip.
Going to have some great stories to tell

Thanks for sharing
Thanks mate, we will indeed.
Texas wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:56 pm
WOW WOW WOW
MAGNIFICENT
Bestest ever
Thanks for sharing
Book -- the adventures of Bristle & Fluffy
Cheers Gra
Lol thanks Gra. I'll send you a copy signed by Luna.
AE092 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:12 pm
Now that is an adventure! Fantastic photos and thanks for sharing

Thanks mate
Tim399 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:39 pm
Amazing adventure you had there, you must smile every time you think about it - even the stressful parts. And you have a good choice of car to do the trip in - I grew up around landcruisers, my dad has always off-roaded in landcruisers (two 80’s and a 200), and I own and love my 100 series. After driving a car on such an adventure you really do get attached to them!

Well done on the write up - a great read!
Cheers mate, I don't think I'll ever buy anything but a landcruiser from now on. The turbo diesel 100 series - best engine ever made I've heard!
4liters wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:46 pm
Awesome stuff!
Thanks mate!
Texas wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:57 pm
Geez Pat, you're a world renowned Professor and fishermen
Surely you deserve a sat phone & sat computer
If underlings can take photos of "the coronal" using hubble
You need better equipment
Gra
Are you offering to sponsor me Gra??

You are right though, I really need a sat phone. It's on the list.
Paulanderson wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:45 pm
Broomstick thanks for a really interesting read and some truly great photographs. You are a brave man to do that trip in an old Landcruiser and from what you have said not a lot of mechanical ability. Those can be some of the best trips in life though!

Twenty years back I did a work trip along the Gibb River Road including up through Drysdale Station to Kalumburu together with our Kimberly field officer who was a local Aboriginal man. We were in an almost new and very well equipped Troop Carrier. We did a bit better on the barra though but like you mainly caught a lot of catfish and grunter. Our field officer was very good at catching Cherabin (a large freshwater prawn) - excellent to eat so I hope you managed to catch and eat some. It was interesting to note just how many tourists got into trouble and how "off road" caravans and trailers do not handle those roads very well.

Thanks again - Paul
Thanks Paul! I actually did have a feed of cherabin one night -bloody delicious! There is only one mechanic on the Gibb, and he is flat out the entire dry season with unprepared tourists. Unfortunately, I was one of those annoying tourists ha.I've since learnt a few things about my car - having to put that alternator in (I had to take half the bloody engine out to get it in) was actually very helpful, even if I didn't need it. I also had to change my break discs and pads in Katherine, and re-wire my fridge. Slowly figuring it out!
Fish-cador wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:09 am
First long post I never got bored reading. I was looking for part 2. I flipped my phone hoping the second page is at the back. Lol.

Nice work!
Haha! Thanks FC. Hopefully part two will happen at the end of the wet season!
Fishbref wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:24 am
Incredible; the post to end all posts. Mate, you must put this in a book!

Edit: Saw your blog; what a life. :o_0:
Thanks mate, can't complain!
CarlG wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:36 pm
As usual, absolutely superb writing. A d as always, I love the bird and lizard pics especially.
Quality work Pat.
Thanks Carl :-D I'm glad people get a kick out of the wildlife pics, as I spend way too much time trying to take them!
davek wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:44 am
Speechless, an epic report and fantastic pictures, you've done it again Broomy, cheers davo :gj:
Thanks Dave!
ben475 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:13 am
far out, you had an adventure!
We did indeed mate!

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:38 am

Great report, great photos, great story telling. Can be a good short book to read.

Thanks for sharing a dream come true of yours. Some people are still dreaming about it.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:10 am

THANK YOU!!
Thanks for taking the time to put the report together there's a lot of work here. I am literally in awe of everything about this trip. Absolutely love the way you treasure and capture the beauty of nature. Some spectacular bird life that I haven't seen before. Seriously your reports are the best thing on this forum.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:45 pm

You've done it again Pat !!! :nw:

Great to see you living life to the max and giving it a go (even in an old vehicle with limited off road experience) - memories you definitely will treasured for the rest of your life.

Thank you for giving us (or teasing us??) an insight into the beauty nature displayed in some of the remotest places. Bet you many of us would have loved to be in your shoe for that journey.

Look forward to part 2!!!!

PS - Pat is one of the most intelligent and down to earth young man i came across .. not sure what's his proper title would be after research projects he completed since i last saw him .. probably the dean by now (not surprised if true) yet his conduct and posts on this forum has been exemplary ... perhaps some of the younger members here should re-read his posts ... and by doing so you will absorb the respectful nature shown by Pat to everyone on this forum.

PPS: My apologies Pat if you feel i have sort of hijacking this wonderful report of yours :nw: :nw:

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:45 pm

PS - Pat is one of the most intelligent and down to earth young man i came across .. not sure what's his proper title would be after research projects he completed since i last saw him .. probably the dean by now (not surprised if true) yet his conduct and posts on this forum has been exemplary ... perhaps some of the younger members here should re-read his posts ... and by doing so you will absorb the respectful nature shown by Pat to everyone on this forum.
Seems to be the older crew who don't like science. Pretty sure it's Dr Broomstick these days too :D
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:27 pm

Fantastic report Pat as usual!!! :gj: Love reading your posts
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Return to “Other Australian States”