South Coast fishing?

New South Wales Fishing Reports
kabo

South Coast fishing?

Post by kabo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi there,

im staying at Rosedale and have all my fishing her and nowhere (everywhere) to go...had a nice session fighting mostly undersized bream and one decent black fish (double hook up on paternoster go with prawns) at the old quarry site in Moruya, but am now looking for a nice beach spot or an easily accessible jetty. I also wouldn't mind another go a somewhat bigger bream, and i've got time until Monday :) So, any tips appreciated, the guy at tackle world said basically everywhere is good and he's probable right...

Has anyone fished the bridge at Tomakin? It looks like it might be a reasonable spot for bream or the occasional flathead.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: South Coast fishing?

Post by DougieK » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:54 pm

I've fished quite a few of the estuaries around there including Tuross heads, Durass, Narooma and Moruya.

They are all full of fish.

Most of the time we were just using little plastics or live nippers we pumped ourselves. The Surf beaches were producing great salmon as well. This was in early Feb to mid march.

If you want to fish the Tomaga, i'd find a tide change near dawn or dusk, wade the shallows near the entrance casting upstream and working your lures back towards you, targetting drop offs and structure.

But literally cast a salmon slug off any beach there and you should go ok.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

kabo

Post by kabo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:45 pm

great thanks! I will give the metal slugs a try. I left all my soft plastics at home for some reason...I guess i could go buy some more :D

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:51 pm

In my opinion rent a tinnie at lake tuross and fish that. Never seen any more consistent fishing in my life.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

kabo

Post by kabo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:25 am

great idea, but not enough fishing time as opposed to prep time (drive, hire, etc) considering my 2 hour fishing windows...needs t be quickly accessible. will try batemans bay fishing trips for an offshore experience on saturday morning and report back.

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:54 pm

DougieK wrote:In my opinion rent a tinnie at lake tuross and fish that. Never seen any more consistent fishing in my life.
Agreed, I did this a few years ago and it was awesome.

Return to “New South Wales”