bermie final tally

New South Wales Fishing Reports
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: bermie final tally

Post by Nude up » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:49 pm

sandef wrote:heres some of brads action mis read brads report they went 9.9.3 as they were using light leaders 6 lost at or near the boat
https://www.facebook.com/bradley.gusman ... 351174049/
I am a dinosaur sandef I don't do facebook. Marlin bills are like a saw I have a cut on my hand from the black I caught it went right through the light gloves I had on it was a very angry fish. We only use 300lb leaders on marlin.

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:58 pm

they weren't many hookups on the heavy leaders tried 130-150lb fluro increased the up rate but lost them at or near the boat they also got a 75kg mako

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:11 pm

Dropping livies deep presumably if they were using light leaders yeah?

I've found that providing the more is a bit of chop, 300lb leader is fine for any surface fishing, ie skippies, lures, towing livies.

But dropping livies down deep the Marlin don't seem to want to touch it with 300lb. I've only tried it a few times though, not a huge fan of it

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:20 pm

Nude up wrote:
sandef wrote:heres some of brads action mis read brads report they went 9.9.3 as they were using light leaders 6 lost at or near the boat
https://www.facebook.com/bradley.gusman ... 351174049/
I am a dinosaur sandef I don't do facebook. Marlin bills are like a saw I have a cut on my hand from the black I caught it went right through the light gloves I had on it was a very angry fish. We only use 300lb leaders on marlin.
nude up...if you ever do facebook I will personally take you behind the shed and shoot you.
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:34 pm

Nude up wrote:
sandef wrote:the boys from willy got 9
Thats impressive hope they were entered in the comp on sat sun they would have won.
What were they doing livies, skip baits or lures.
they were trolling livies and let them drift down when they found a school of bait jigging up the bait and letting them go to get some action happening

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:04 am

A sound tactic the best teaser jigging live bait we do the same but unlucky for us mostly makos were attracted only once did a marlin follow it up. Trolling livies is about 2knots any quicker and they die slimies will go all day at that speed, you don't cover much ground. I really need to buy some slimie tubes great to have some ready rigged this years project.

Return to “New South Wales”