Merimbula Trip

New South Wales Fishing Reports
ango

Merimbula Trip

Post by ango » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Got back last sat from a trip to Merimbula. Water was cold inshore, 16 - 18 deg depending on the day, the charter guys were saying it was 22 - 23 deg 4 or 5 Km out but too far for me in my tinnie. Anyhow, amazingly, no salmon for the entire trip, got a couple of Tailor, 35 cm or so, and quiet a few sand flathead, best session was about 30 in about 4 hours all between 33-40 cm with 3 guys fishing. Could not fish deeper that 20 m where the tiger flathead are because of a leather jacket plague, they were everywhere, and lost quiet a few rigs. Some guys were fishing for snapper on the reefs and were getting a few, 2 - 3 Kg but again losing plenty of gear to the jackets. Had a go in the top lake for Dusky Flathead, had one at the boat but got away while I was getting the net, small Tailor were destroying the SP's so gave up and headed offshore over the bar. Was the poorest fishing I have had up there in many years, but still better than around Melb, so no complaints.
Regards to all.
Ango.

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Merimbula Trip

Post by scott__henning » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:35 am

hear/see any kingies caught out of merimbula while you were up there?

unusual for the water too be so cold inshore. bloody leatherjacket they are a pain!

ango

Re: Merimbula Trip

Post by ango » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:35 am

Hi Scott,
No Kingfish about, did not hear of any down Eden way either, Kingies can show anytime, then disappear again after a few days so who knows, they might be there now.
Regards
Ango

Return to “New South Wales”