This time of year

New South Wales Fishing Reports
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

This time of year

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:29 pm

For many years I fished Talbingo dam, catching the occasional trout or redfin. Until eventually I finally cracked, where to be and the technique that worked.

About now is the time to head to Talbingo, launching at the dam wall and trolling about 50- 200 metres out from the edge of the trees.

Using lead core line, with cowbells, out about 3 to 4 colours.

Lure? I would prefer to use scrub worms that come from the high country or a trout pattern lure.

Sadly since moving to Vic, it has been many years since I have been there at this time of year.

My late father and myself spent a few days there fishing gentleman hours, and still managed to bag out, the bag limit was much bigger then, then it is now.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: This time of year

Post by bowl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:39 pm

;) nice little read ,
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: This time of year

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:51 pm

bowl wrote:;) nice little read ,
Thank you.

There is a mate of mine in Canberra who would come fishing with me, on one trip I told him to tell his wife that we didn't know what time he would be home.

Well I think I dropped him off about 6 the next morning and he told me that she had cooked him a romantic meal last night, expecting he would be home in time for tea. ( I told him I think she was setting him up.)

Return to “New South Wales”