Adrian's Trout Fishing Kit & more...

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Adrian's Trout Fishing Kit & more...

Post by meppstas » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:54 pm

Thanks hfc, I always used the Okuma Epixor & Vsystem 1500a & 2000 spinning reels many years ago before I went over to the Daiwa Excelor, Revros, Impri, Gekkabijin MX LT2000S-P spinning reels coupled up with Daiwa 6'6'', 6' ULS 1-3kg Presso & Impri spin rods. I never had a problem with them except for the Excelor reel, the bail arm return part was made of a light alloy and kept on breaking. I still have a three Daiwa trout rod set ups the I still use from time to time.
Three years ago I was approached by Tackle Tactics (thanks to the general manager of Mepps in France) when they became the distributor for Mepps to see if I would be the brand ambassador for Mepps lures in Australia seeing as I had been using them for well over 50 years.Tackle Tactics are also the agent for Okuma so I went back to the Okuma gear and became one of their Pro Team Membersl. I already had a Okuma ULS 2-6 lb Celilo trout rod coupled up with a Epixor XT20 reel which I loved, so I advised TT to get hold of the Okuma Celilo Finess 2-6 lb ULS trout rods because I knew they were well suited to the Okuma spinning reels. They're all beautifully balanced Ultra Light weight set ups and all work well, perfect for stream and river fishing. I'm sure if you can get hold of the Inspira reel you won't be disappointed..

cheers
Adrian..
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:23 am

Thanks Adrian - I'll keep it in mind when I have the money available to get another UL reel! Have you had any worrisome moments with the 3kg drag and sizable trout (especially fighting in fast waters) or have you found it to be enough to handle the most testing trout situations you face?

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:20 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:23 am
Thanks Adrian - I'll keep it in mind when I have the money available to get another UL reel! Have you had any worrisome moments with the 3kg drag and sizable trout (especially fighting in fast waters) or have you found it to be enough to handle the most testing trout situations you face?
No worries hfc, Never had a problem with it or any of the Okuma reels over the past three years, actually landed my best ever brown (8lb 8ozs) in fast water on the Inspira ISX20B reel spooled with 4 lb mono, the reel stood up to a twenty minute fight really well and I'm still using it.. It's been a lucky reel for me, last season I caught a 1.7kg brown on it as well... :ft:

cheers
Adrian
Last edited by meppstas on Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:53 pm

meppstas wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:20 pm
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:23 am
No worries hfc, Never had a problem with it or any of the Okuma reels over the past three years, actually landed my best ever brown (8lb 8ozs) in fast water on the Inspira ISX20B reel spooled with 4 lb mono, the stood up to a twenty minute fight really well and I'm still using it.. It's been a lucky reel for me, last season I caught a 1.7kg brown on it as well... :ft:

cheers
Adrian
Good to know, I was questioning if the 20B's 3kg drag would mainly be suitable to use fishing for Bass (or if I consider the 30 size to be more flexible) and figured a well sized and conditioned fast water trout could be a fair comparative measure of its stopping power.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:15 pm

Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:53 pm
Good to know, I was questioning if the 20B's 3kg drag would mainly be suitable to use fishing for Bass (or if I consider the 30 size to be more flexible) and figured a well sized and conditioned fast water trout could be a fair comparative measure of its stopping power.
And the 20B is only 182gm! Very light, you can cast all day without breaking an arm.

I think we know what you'll get for yourself soon.
😏

:gj:

Great product reviews and input btw Adrian :tu:
Now I'm thinking to get myself one of the 20B.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:46 pm

That was a great read Adrian!
Awesome write up! 😊
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Tasmania”