Good season starter with the Mepps Aglia-e Brite. (video)

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Good season starter with the Mepps Aglia-e Brite. (video)

Post by meppstas » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:05 pm

Well the 2022/23 trout season has finally arrived and I managed to get my first trip of the season done. High water levels due to recent heavy rains delayed my start, the river level finally dropped enough for me to have a three hour spin session. The Mepps Aglia-e Brite inline spinner did the job on the trout this trip, more rain today which is going to bring the river levels up again. More rain arrived since this trip and up rose the rivers again, I/m hoping to get another trip in tomorrow before the next lot arrives on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. The same thing happened this time last season too when I only had two trips in August, 26th & 27th for just five trout caught and released. :dn: :dn:

cheers
Adrian(meppstas)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsdMNYERuZ0
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Good season starter with the Mepps Aglia-e Brite. (video)

Post by Sebb » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:09 pm

It's still few weeks for us.
First few days/weeks is usually still isn't ideal for rivers, often too cold, too high, or too fast.
But we can only try. Good luck with this season, Adrian.
What's the target this season?
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:42 pm

Sebb wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:09 pm
It's still few weeks for us.
First few days/weeks is usually still isn't ideal for rivers, often too cold, too high, or too fast.
But we can only try. Good luck with this season, Adrian.
What's the target this season?
Yes, early season is still cold, wet & windy, water temps are also very low, plus it' is't still Winter as well, I'm going for 500+ again this season Sebb, it will depend a lot on how the body stands up to it.. All throughout the three months of the closed season I've been having 25-30 injections in my lower back once a week & I'm continuing with them throughout the 2022/23 season too. I'm still happy & lucky at my age (76) to be able to still get out and fish the rivers, I may have to be a little more selective where I fish in them, like keep out of the rocky fast waters, then I doubt I could do that as they're my favorite trout waters.. :vy:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:33 pm

Good luck Adrian, and yes, definitely need to take more care.
Sometimes it is easy to drown our mind into what we could do without realising that we aren't as we used to be. It's good to have such a young spirit as often fishing takes us to that memory of being young, but we must also take care of ourselves.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Tasmania”