A ten trout spin session..

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

A ten trout spin session..

Post by meppstas » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:01 am

A ten trout spin session 11-9-21

I finally had a reasonable spin session today before the weather turned sour as well as taking a plunge in the water. 10 trout caught & released from 11 hook ups, all taken on the Mepps #00 gold Aglia Mouche Noire & gold Aglia Mouche Rouge inline spinners. I certainly gave the new Okuma ITX-1000 reel a good workout during my three hours in the water too, it did it's job to perfection. As soon as I caught the first trout on the first cast I knew I was in for a good spin session. On the walk back to the car I decided to give one more stretch of water a go, big mistake that was. As I made my way up in waist deep water I trip on a submerged log, Yep!! I took the plunge in the drink, drowned another camera (my third now) too.. Thank you my brain was engaged and I pulled it from the inside of my waders in quick time, it was wet and went a little hay wire when I turned it on. I rushed back to the car and dried it off with the car heater, it's back in good working order again.. Not only that, while heading back to the car I took the camera battery & memory card out to dry them off. After walking some 40 yards or so I couldn't find the memory card, I had dropped it somewhere. I back tracked and was lucky enough to spot it in the grass.. Was it luck or pure arse that I found it, I didn't really care, all that mattered was I found it, plus it had all of the mornings spin session on it as well as 2,600 other photos. It was still a top few hours spent chasing trout anyway even with the little mishap. :-D :-D
cheers
Adrian (meppstas)

** Here's the video of the spin session..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0On5q5ng-8&t=76s
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: A ten trout spin session..

Post by DougieK » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:49 pm

My god you deliver.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:09 pm

Thank God you're okay.
Falling in, submerged structures and in cold water could be disastrous.

You must have eyes like a hawk! to be able to spot tiny object like that memory card in the grass.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:41 pm

Thanks Guys..

Sebb, like I stated it was either luck or pure arse that I found it, probably the latter I reckon.. :-D

Just over a week ago I fished that same area and there wasn't a log there, heavy rainfall & high water more than likely the reason the log was there now. I'll remember it next time that's for sure, the dark tannin water didn't help spotting it either.. I was more concerned about my $340 camera, thankfully it came out of it okay.. :oo:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 am

Enjoyed the video Adrian 😊
Glad your camera was ok and you found your memory card!
Cheers 👍🏻

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:17 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 am
Enjoyed the video Adrian 😊
Glad your camera was ok and you found your memory card!
Cheers 👍🏻
Thanks Lx, have to be lucky sometimes, had the camera not worked it would have been the third one I stuffed up @ $300 each.. :oo: :oo:

Return to “Tasmania”