Black Point, Bugatti Style

South Australia Fishing Reports
Bugatti

Black Point, Bugatti Style

Post by Bugatti » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:20 pm

July School Holidays and our annual trip to Black Point on Yorke Peninsula, South Australia, is on, with all systems go, for much needed respite for all. Well respite meaning mischievous rambunctious fun for the teenagers , , , , need I say more. Bad Parenting may be more of an accurate description. But respite from their Mothers as Dads can only give. Three blokes (mates Don & Marco and I), two boats, our kids and their boyfriends and their friends (my Son is smart enough not to have a girlfriend , , , , but has many :-D ).

Oh and the trip to Black Point with us Dads, a catch phrase has become synonymous with the trip , , , , "Just don't tell your Mothers :o_0: "

Five days, four nights of fun with a token lettuce for the token salad, come on, we are blokes , , , , and the BBQ is our kitchen. Truth is the kids and us eat like kings.

A bit of fishing, a bit of beach walks, a bit of driving to the next town (not sure why), a lot of eating, drinking (sensibly in a supervised environment) basically a bit of everything.

Great location, great company, a great time , , , , simply great.

Beautiful Black Point

Beach 1.PNG

At night, nothing beats it.

Fire  Shack.PNG

Yep, nothing like the first trip out

Fishing 1.PNG

This is the life, but somethings missing ????

Fishing 2.PNG

Aaaaah feet up, yeeeeah much better

Fishing 3.PNG

The slaves , , , , oups, the BBQ masters, Don & Marco

Cooks 1.PNG

I did the wife duties and Oven Duties, and yes, we did have salads , , , , amazingly the kids were very picky on how the salads were. Nice to see healthy eating is part of their lives , , , , ok, ok ,,,,, the Mothers get credit for that

Food.PNG

The Human Catapillars , , , , frick they can eat

Kids grrrr.PNG

And at the end of the day, Aaaah yes , , , , but something is still missing

Fire 4.PNG

Aaaaaah, Jacks, Single Barrel on ice and yep , , , , dem feet up again , , , , Aaaaah

Fire 1.PNG

, , , , with the only thing that is said from that point on wards for the rest of the night, in regards to Parenting is , , , , "Put a Bandaide on it, you'll be fine"

And

"DON"T TELL YOUR MOTHERS"

Cheers, Bugatti

ps. We caught some squid & whiting, if anyone wants to know :)

ps. to squash any concerns , , , , all kids were returned unscathed, in one piece , , , , and mates and I only sit on two drinks per night.

Oh, and all eyebrows are growing back beautifully , , , , to be explained, in a further post :o_0:

Bugatti

Re: Black Point, Bugatti Style

Post by Bugatti » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Every year, we bring up what we call "Harry Potter Flue Powder"

The kids have a lot of fun with it on the campfire. It is very short lived but very visual. It is a kind of fire ball "poof" type thing.

I don't know how to upload videos, so I have taken screen shots of it. It all happens quick, like a second, as it dissipates quick too. The video is of more than what we let the kids use at one time. They know, use too much, you get banned from using it again for that night. This one is more than usual but just for this video.

My Daughter is doing this one. Please note at the end, on how it dissipates quickly and there are no embers to float away anywhere.

It is like wood sawdust, but a lot finer. It is sanding dust, you can get a floor sanding dude to collect it for you.

VERY IMPORTANT:
The sanding dust needs to be strained through a fine strainer (tapping the strainer helps pass it through) and only keep the fine stuff. Any coarse stuff needs to be discarded so as not to have embers that float away once it goes off.

Flue Powder 1.PNG

Flue Powder 2.PNG

Flue Powder 3.PNG

Flue Powder 4.PNG

Flue Powder 5.PNG

Flue Powder 6.PNG

Flue Powder 7.PNG

Flue Powder 9.PNG

Flue Powder 9a.PNG

safe 1.PNG

And no , , , , no one lost any body hair

Cheers, Bugz

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:12 pm

A great few days spent with the kids Mr B, like the sanding dust on the bonfire too.. certainly something a little different.. :o_0:

And yes have to agree "Don't tell the Mothers" :tease:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Sound like a great time with time.

Great line... Just don't teach my 2yo that just yet

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Nice trip out with the kids and family mate. Well done.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:41 pm

meppstas wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:12 pm
A great few days spent with the kids Mr B, like the sanding dust on the bonfire too.. certainly something a little different.. :o_0:

And yes have to agree "Don't tell the Mothers" :tease:

cheers
Adrian
Thanks Adrian, and yes it sure was a great time.

We do our mandatory junk food stop up and back at Port Wakefield , , , , the Roadhouse up and the Bakery on the way back. I think the kids love that just as much , , , , they feel they have the town to themselves.

Great way to break up the trip too, with two "one hour" stints

Pt Wakefield.PNG

smile0784 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 pm
Sound like a great time with time.

Great line... Just don't teach my 2yo that just yet

You might have a few years there Smiley before you can say that to your two , , , , saying it too early , , , , you run the distinct suicidal risk of the kids saying, innocently of course "Dad told us not to tell you" , , , , which would soon be followed by a pillow and that crazy itchy woollen blanket and to sleep on the couch

couch 1.PNG

Cheers, Bug, who knows the couch too well :(

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Sounds like an awesome trip mate your kids will remember these times for the rest of their life.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Mr Bug now that looks like an awesome trip with the family!
That’s what it’s all about having a fun, relaxing time with some fishing too of course :)
Kind of reminds me of the trip I had recently with the missus!
We had such an amazing time! Didn’t want to come back :rofl:
Great pics by the way! Thanks for sharing it with us mate :P
Cheers :thumbsup:

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Lovely story there Mr Bug, sounds like you had a great time with the family. :thumbsup:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:00 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:20 pm
July School Holidays and our annual trip to Black Point on Yorke Peninsula, South Australia, is on, with all systems go, for much needed respite for all. Well respite meaning mischievous rambunctious fun for the teenagers , , , , need I say more. Bad Parenting may be more of an accurate description. But respite from their Mothers as Dads can only give. Three blokes (mates Don & Marco and I), two boats, our kids and their boyfriends and their friends (my Son is smart enough not to have a girlfriend , , , , but has many :-D ).

Oh and the trip to Black Point with us Dads, a catch phrase has become synonymous with the trip , , , , "Just don't tell your Mothers :o_0: "

Five days, four nights of fun with a token lettuce for the token salad, come on, we are blokes , , , , and the BBQ is our kitchen. Truth is the kids and us eat like kings.

A bit of fishing, a bit of beach walks, a bit of driving to the next town (not sure why), a lot of eating, drinking (sensibly in a supervised environment) basically a bit of everything.

Great location, great company, a great time , , , , simply great.

Beautiful Black Point

Beach 1.PNG

At night, nothing beats it.

Fire Shack.PNG

Yep, nothing like the first trip out

Fishing 1.PNG

This is the life, but somethings missing ????

Fishing 2.PNG

Aaaaah feet up, yeeeeah much better

Fishing 3.PNG

The slaves , , , , oups, the BBQ masters, Don & Marco

Cooks 1.PNG

I did the wife duties and Oven Duties, and yes, we did have salads , , , , amazingly the kids were very picky on how the salads were. Nice to see healthy eating is part of their lives , , , , ok, ok ,,,,, the Mothers get credit for that

Food.PNG

The Human Catapillars , , , , frick they can eat

Kids grrrr.PNG

And at the end of the day, Aaaah yes , , , , but something is still missing

Fire 4.PNG

Aaaaaah, Jacks, Single Barrel on ice and yep , , , , dem feet up again , , , , Aaaaah

Fire 1.a

, , , , with the only thing that is said from that point on wards for the rest of the night, in regards to Parenting is , , , , "Put a Bandaide on it, you'll be fine"

And

"DON"T TELL YOUR MOTHERS"

Cheers, Bugatti

ps. We caught some squid & whiting, if anyone wants to know :)

ps. to squash any concerns , , , , all kids were returned unscathed, in one piece , , , , and mates and I only sit on two drinks per night.

Oh, and all eyebrows are growing back beautifully , , , , to be explained, in a further post :o_0:
Good on you Bug souns like a great family trip I'm having a Jack now to try and kick this dreaded cold.

Return to “South Australia”