Another day and more fishing

Queensland Fishing Reports
saph
Has liked: 4 times

Another day and more fishing

Post by saph » Sat May 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Well went for another fish today just to get out and was fun, fished the same place as a few days ago but there was little to no wind and when there was i used it to help cast out my lure.

Fishing around the coast guard again where the flats are, good fun and easy for me to learn at by myself playing with lure colors and getting my casting right, was throwing about a slimswimz midnight oil with some pro cure sardine/pilchard and a a grubz bloodworm with some bloodworm pro cure scent and the lure started getting beat up with good drag runs so heres me all excited at it and turns out they where little toad fish.

after playing with them and my drag for abit i decided to move on to the flats once the tide and come down, now unknowing to me the toad fish had chewed enough of the tail so that when i next had a fish hit it it became a tailess plastic annoyed i went and threw on a minnowz mud minnow with pilchard sent and after that went on the flats

Walked around there for abit casting and getting no hits so went onto the jetty where the coast guard sit and to my surprise they had tied up their boat without me spotting them, packed up at about one and headed home to play what i call the gopro shuffle, importing and making copys of todays pics and videos and charging them both for tusday/wensday when i get paid and have my birthday out (also sneakly looking at targets for when i get my bow and can practice).

Rod: shimano soft quickfire plastics rod
Reel: shimano sienna 2500 with 10 lb braid and 6lb leader
Lures: zman soft plastics
Jig heads: Tackle tatics 1/8 2H
Cameras: gopro hero 2018 hacked to a hero 5 black and a gopro hero 3+

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Re: Another day and more fishing

Post by Andrews » Sat May 09, 2020 6:56 pm

Seeing the sunny weather, let alone fishing has me jealous seeing we’re getting cold rainy days were getting now.

I love the midnight oil colour it works so good in clean and dirty water. Great looking flats too, looks to be nice drop off and I am picturing the flatheads holding up.
I did the exact same with my GoPro, makes such a difference haha.

Return to “Queensland”