Roxburgh park lake trout?

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Re: Roxburgh park lake trout?

Post by Charles7 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:15 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:00 pm
Charles7 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 pm
Marie60 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am
GregExplores wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi, Have you found out which lake it was yet? i might write to the fisheries and ask
hello, very interesting, I would like opinions also if possible
The lake is on lakeside drive roxburgh I think, all the others hold redfin. i wouldn't keep fish from there though because i don't know how clean it is.
I personally wouldn't keep any fish I catch there, but it is classified as a family fishing lake and does get stocked with rainbow trout on the school holidays. They won't stock trout in places like Jack Roper Reserve and Ruffey Lake Park due to water quality issues so if they are stocking them in Roxy the water must be clean enough....
i wrote to someone on fishbrain and they said they had kept redfin from there. They said it is clean enough because otherwise the fisheries would not stock trout or cod in there. They said the redfin would also die quick if the water was contaminated
Look, it's sound logic but I've fished there a few times and it's just a putrid lake to look at. It's enough to put me off :rofl:

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Post by GregExplores » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:03 pm

Charles7 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:15 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:00 pm
Charles7 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 pm
Marie60 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am

hello, very interesting, I would like opinions also if possible
The lake is on lakeside drive roxburgh I think, all the others hold redfin. i wouldn't keep fish from there though because i don't know how clean it is.
I personally wouldn't keep any fish I catch there, but it is classified as a family fishing lake and does get stocked with rainbow trout on the school holidays. They won't stock trout in places like Jack Roper Reserve and Ruffey Lake Park due to water quality issues so if they are stocking them in Roxy the water must be clean enough....
i wrote to someone on fishbrain and they said they had kept redfin from there. They said it is clean enough because otherwise the fisheries would not stock trout or cod in there. They said the redfin would also die quick if the water was contaminated
Look, it's sound logic but I've fished there a few times and it's just a putrid lake to look at. It's enough to put me off :rofl:
I guess i don't want to be keeping a fish from there then :rofl: maybe just will go down for a catch and release if i have nothing else to do

GregExplores

Post by GregExplores » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Anyone know if you are allowed to fish in Jack Roper reserve? I haven't been there at all and I know there was a big fish kill a couple of years back? You guys reckon there are any redfin in there?

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Post by Charles7 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:19 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:25 pm
Anyone know if you are allowed to fish in Jack Roper reserve? I haven't been there at all and I know there was a big fish kill a couple of years back? You guys reckon there are any redfin in there?
You should be allowed to fish Jack Roper, I've read plenty of reports from there over the years. Most people come away with donuts, seems a very poor place to fish going by what's been written (or more like what's not been written) about it online. There's probably a few reddies and carp lurking in there but I wouldn't hold my breath. It has good landbased access at least.

GregExplores

Post by GregExplores » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Charles7 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:19 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:25 pm
You should be allowed to fish Jack Roper, I've read plenty of reports from there over the years. Most people come away with donuts, seems a very poor place to fish going by what's been written (or more like what's not been written) about it online. There's probably a few reddies and carp lurking in there but I wouldn't hold my breath. It has good landbased access at least.
Thank you for all the information mate! Hopefully there are some Reddies in there and I can get onto some. Ill let you know if I get onto some Reddies whenever I go down to give it a try! :gj:

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:57 am

This spot is your best bet from what I've seen.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/37%C2 ... 44.9373476

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”