Might Clarify a few things.

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Might Clarify a few things.

Post by skronkman » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:46 pm

Dr Snapper wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:30 pm
I just don’t get it.
Stay home unless it’s essential to go outside your home.
It highly unlikely that a fisherman or woman would help spread covid19 when they fill up with petrol or buy bait or snacks from the shop on the way to and from fishing (hay, lots drop into Bunnings while we are out) but that’s the point, that very very Odd one out contact starts a chain of covid19 that may not go any further than your immediate family once you get back home, or it could infect a few people, or a lot. As we know, most wont get sick enough to go on a ventilator but that’s the point, the less contact the less transferral.
And the issue is if we don’t go fishing etc you will be able to come back to me in about 5 months or whenever and say, see there was nothing much to worry about, when in fact it was because we didn’t go fishing we didn’t help spread the disease and (Hopefully) had reasonably low numbers.
I’m not going fishing until this is all over, regardless if the vic govt does the pi55 weak popular (vote winning) decision and says its ok because we owe it to the overworked medical etc teams to not be selfish pr1cks for a few fish.
Think of them before you back out the drive way. Keep busy by making fishing rigs and servicing rods and when this is over you can drop into your local ambulance station and leave your contact details for the ambos and offer to take them fishing.
That’s all good doc. The issue is that the virus is only part of the problem. Hence the other exemptions that have been put in place the help alleviate some of the psychological effects of being cooped up and facing a very stressful period of unknown duration and unknown outcomes. Socially isolated fishing is less likely to be a source of transmission than going for a walk with a friend, getting a hair cut, going to the shopping centre to by a jigsaw puzzle, or many other exemptions. Obviously the chief medical officers in NSW and QLD agree with me but not the Victorian one.

Whilst it is illegal here I will not go out but if they change the law to allow it then I will likely head out as a way to get some fresh air, get out of the house and de-stress. If you chose not to then that is ok too.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:01 pm

skronkman wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:46 pm
Obviously the chief medical officers in NSW and QLD agree with me but not the Victorian one.
Actually.... Brett Sutton, Victoria's chief health officer clearly said on Neil Mitchell's 3aw program when asked yesterday, that fishing is a low risk for transmission and there is no issue with it being done if people abide by social distancing and limit the duration of trips and locality of trips to the person's local area. It was the Gestapo and its sentinel revenue raisers who said fishing is not permitted, but a yoga session in a park is. The very same Gestapo that fumbles and bumbles through hour long press conferences telling journalists to refer to that very Brett Suttons advice whenever he is asked a question, before spending the following 5 minutes speaking to the population like they're a bunch of 9 month olds.....

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:04 pm

skronkman wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:46 pm
Dr Snapper wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:30 pm
I just don’t get it.
Stay home unless it’s essential to go outside your home.
It highly unlikely that a fisherman or woman would help spread covid19 when they fill up with petrol or buy bait or snacks from the shop on the way to and from fishing (hay, lots drop into Bunnings while we are out) but that’s the point, that very very Odd one out contact starts a chain of covid19 that may not go any further than your immediate family once you get back home, or it could infect a few people, or a lot. As we know, most wont get sick enough to go on a ventilator but that’s the point, the less contact the less transferral.
And the issue is if we don’t go fishing etc you will be able to come back to me in about 5 months or whenever and say, see there was nothing much to worry about, when in fact it was because we didn’t go fishing we didn’t help spread the disease and (Hopefully) had reasonably low numbers.
I’m not going fishing until this is all over, regardless if the vic govt does the pi55 weak popular (vote winning) decision and says its ok because we owe it to the overworked medical etc teams to not be selfish pr1cks for a few fish.
Think of them before you back out the drive way. Keep busy by making fishing rigs and servicing rods and when this is over you can drop into your local ambulance station and leave your contact details for the ambos and offer to take them fishing.
That’s all good doc. The issue is that the virus is only part of the problem. Hence the other exemptions that have been put in place the help alleviate some of the psychological effects of being cooped up and facing a very stressful period of unknown duration and unknown outcomes. Socially isolated fishing is less likely to be a source of transmission than going for a walk with a friend, getting a hair cut, going to the shopping centre to by a jigsaw puzzle, or many other exemptions. Obviously the chief medical officers in NSW and QLD agree with me but not the Victorian one.

Whilst it is illegal here I will not go out but if they change the law to allow it then I will likely head out as a way to get some fresh air, get out of the house and de-stress. If you chose not to then that is ok too.
Yep, good points re de=stress and the really silly things that are still going on (hair cuts WTF!).
If you or anyone goes fishing or anything else outside your house, please reduce contact as much as possible, hopefully you have some bait already, a full fuel can so you don’t need to go to a petrol station and take some snacks from home, don’t make an extra shopping trip for the fishing trip, and give the ambulance a :tu: if you pass them on the way. These guys and gals are the real heroes.

Kestrel
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Kestrel » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:08 pm

cobby wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:26 am
Under Cheppallet MSQ and their fisheries department clarified in simple terms: if your boat is a main form of transport it can continue to be used as such whilst adhering to social distance guidelines in your local area. If your boat is used for fishing for food you can continue to do so whilst adhering to social distance guidelines in your local area. If you wish to go fishing for food without a boat you can continue to do so.

Under dumbo Dan the cocksmack of a man: send out the sentinels whilst no one has a ******* clue what is going on sparking a flurry of sanctimonious fuckwits on all corners of the internet.

Much like his ridiculous and ambiguous lockdown press release with zero detail the other Sunday night, nothing is properly explained, nothing is ever clarified as each department differs between recommendations with nothing in the way of what is actually lawful or otherwise. Just another example of a state run by what should have been a cumstain in a sock...
quote #2from Cobby

'a new born orangutan would be clearer and more concise on any directives relating to this fiasco with zero ambiguity than these bumbling idiots. But my hatred of these idiots stems right back to the very moment the dumbo eared wanker said his very first words as elected premier years ago.

As I said, how is it other states can fairly quickly and very simply state yes/No to what is lawful activities and yet we have nothing but crickets from government, threats of very large fines from the revenue raising sentinels, and a state chief health officer (Who is supposedly the be all and end all of expertise on what is supposed to occur to stop the spread of the virus equivalent of the third reich) completely at odds saying yes you can go fishing?'

Hi Cobby

Well .... I hope that you are a much better fisherman than you are a clear thinker, accurate reporter of the facts and a respectful citizen. Disgraceful
Kestrel

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 pm

No, I think Cobby is right on the money. What is disgraceful is the Communist filth in government and the speed at which most Australians grabbed their ankles and lubed up.

Kestrel
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Kestrel » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:51 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 pm
No, I think Cobby is right on the money. What is disgraceful is the Communist filth in government and the speed at which most Australians grabbed their ankles and lubed up.
A very wise mentor of mine once gave me some good advice. He said ‘Pete, you can’t have a rational discussion with or educate mugs’
Cobby and Stumpjumpers ridiculous, inane, Ill-informed, inaccurate and bogun-like comments prove how right my colleague was. You characters are behaving like mugs and fools.

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:14 am

oh my! and then it degenerates into a slanging match.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:10 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:14 am
oh my! and then it degenerates into a slanging match.
As parent, one thing I noticed is that children are genetically programmed to fight and argue. Just saying. It doesn't matter if they have the exact same coloured cup or toy, one will want what the other has and cause a fight.

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”