Failure leads to success

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Failure leads to success

Post by Andrews » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:45 am

I reckon it's all about understanding the environment you're fishing, the behaviour of the targeted fish and you're 100% right that it's not going to happen sitting on the couch.

The more time you spend on the water the better you can understand the underwater environment and how all those diverse species live in the ecosystem. If you fish the same spot area long enough you'll pick up on trends that correlate to the species behaviour like feeding habits. Technology helps us, but technology isn't what puts fish in the boat. haha.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:41 am

100% agree with the whole time on the water scenario.
But I must also say, not everyone has that time to put in on the water and spend countless trips to learn.
Sometimes a bit of help from people in the know, or forums like this is worth its weight in gold!!!!
Armed with some good info and more importantly what you do with it makes time on the water a bit more easier to convert!!

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:41 am
But I must also say, not everyone has that time to put in on the water and spend countless trips to learn.
Sometimes a bit of help from people in the know, or forums like this is worth its weight in gold!!!!
Armed with some good info and more importantly what you do with it makes time on the water a bit more easier to convert!!
Yup agree,can't knock people for using a resource ect guide on your boat or salt guide.
Fishing means different things for different people imo
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:44 pm

bowl wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Yup agree,can't knock people for using a resource ect guide on your boat or salt guide.
Learning can come from many different sources but I don’t think people should be spoon fed.

I don’t use salt guide or any other subscription services therefore I don’t cheat
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

bowl

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:17 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:44 pm
bowl wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Learning can come from many different sources but I don’t think people should be spoon fed.

I don’t use salt guide or any other subscription services therefore I don’t cheat
Yet your happy to use a fishing forum and anybody who users facebook or any other social media people would consider that being spoon fed ... Or some people would consider that cheating...
Last edited by bowl on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bowl

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:23 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:38 am
Time on the water is everything. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway.
Keep a diary...

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:25 pm

bowl wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:17 pm
rb85 wrote:
bowl wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Yet your happy to use a fishing forum and anybody who users facebook or any other social media people would consider that being spoon fed ... Or some people would consider that cheating...
There’s a big difference a lot of the advice here and on Facebook is general no GPS marks etc.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

bowl

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:52 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:25 pm
bowl wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:17 pm
rb85 wrote:
bowl wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

There’s a big difference a lot of the advice here and on Facebook is general no GPS marks etc.
Justify however ya like ,your still getting spoon feed a lot of info imo
Ask any 60 yr old how they feel about social media and how they went about finding fish with crap/ or no sounder n no gps ect back in the day.
Anybody who use's social media has advantage...imo

I have got areas to fish n gps of Facebook before ,so I dispute claim ya cant get free gps marks of facebook or social media
Screenshot_20210116-175012.png
I see nothing wrong with using social media as helping tool.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210116-175012.png

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:02 pm

Get your information however you like but it still won’t guarantee anything, hopefully it helps but you still have to put the time in. No difference between a fishing forum/Facebook or asking an experienced fisherman for his advice in my opinion.

bowl

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:04 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:02 pm
Get your information however you like but it still won’t guarantee anything, hopefully it helps but you still have to put the time in. No difference between a fishing forum/Facebook or asking an experienced fisherman for his advice in my opinion.
Bang on !

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”