Gone Fishing for 5 times, Caught Nothing :(

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Ziggy

Re: Gone Fishing for 5 times, Caught Nothing :(

Post by Ziggy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:14 pm

@St3vil we went out fishing today but still unlucky my wife said she wants to smash things now. hahaha! i caught a little snapper. around 15cms, i let my daughter reel it in and she was so delighted and can't stop talking about it. Yep, burley, next time we'll definitely make and bring them along.

@Longshot Thanks mate. I'll send you a PM about the surfing rods. And thanks for the fishing line info, yes i think the fishing lines are really old. I've had a lot of snaps. now all i need to know is how to put new lines in our old shimano reels.

@Fish-Cador thanks mate. will do now. :)

Thank you very much for all the welcome guys. We went fishing today and again, for the 6th time caught nothing. :( but despite that, i actually don't feel bad because hey as all of you say that's what fishing is. i don't know if it's still whiting season but that's our goal-fish right now (and squid!) and we'll make mornington pier and surrounds our "hangout" place. again, thanks for all the welcome guys!

fishermanbaoweezy

Post by fishermanbaoweezy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:46 pm

ask locals on what is in the water and how to catch it , local knows best,
YAMASHITA PRO STAFF

http://www.instagram.com/fishermanbao" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/fishermanbao" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:07 pm

You still around Ziggy? Hows things going now ?

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Fish-cador wrote:ziggy, I only have 1 old JW 2pc light rod and an old silstar 1pc 7 foot rod (the unbreakable rod) to spare. May not be worth your time picking them up but I can give them to you for free. PM me if you are interested
thats a seriouly nice offer to somebody you dont know

top work.

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:11 pm

If you head down to flinders your almost guaranteed to catch a fish, may not be huge, but there's a plague of decent size fish from leather jackets,makeral,grass whiting and barracuta. Always come back with something. Just use little burley and give the squid a go
Here fishy fishy.......

WyldFisher

Post by WyldFisher » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Lol that's fishing ;)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Hey ziggy i been out in my boat last 3 weeks for 3 trips of donught and only my lasy on monday i caught 6 pinkies all undersize but was just happy to catch something
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

5ubzero

Post by 5ubzero » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Ziggy wrote:Hello everyone.

Yes I'm a beginner. that's why i've caught nothing and I decided it's time to really take this to next level. That's why I registered here. So yes, I am so glad that I am now a member here and ask you experts useful advice on fishing.

I live in South East Melbourne. I went to Mornington jetty once caught nothing, same thing happened in Frankston pier. I went to Kilcunda and fished just on the rocky beach and caught a rainbow fish but it was too small for the allowed size so i returned it. Same thing happened last weekend in Jethaven Jetty (?) in Phillip Island.

I have a borrowed rod but i don't know what it can catch because my line always snaps. I lost those "fake fish" hooks :( I used the size 4 hooks. I want to catch a decent fish but i don't know where to start.

So I have a few questions.

1. What rod and line combo should I get if I am aiming for a decent fish to catch this autumn.
2. I know South East is a good area to fish but where do I go or what area tips do I subscribe to to get fish? (That is such a newbie question)
3. I would prefer land based fishing really because i am a bit intimidated to start going on a boat trip.

Thank you in advance guys. This forum rocks!
GO back 1 year and I was the same as you. I was catching nothing and u could probably find really old posts from me about that. This year before snapper season I landed a 5.5kg snapper.

hsv2ko

Post by hsv2ko » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:59 pm

I think the bloke gave up hell had me confused tho. Thought it was a new post and I saw autumn and was thinking ok he got his seasons wrong oh I need to pay more attention lol If your still around don't give up tho only took me 12 times of nothing to get hooked lol

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:42 pm

20 years in I still have trips where I catch nothing, thats not the point tho. I just love it.

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”