BOAT SEIZED FOR ILLEGAL CALAMARI CATCHES

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
re-tyred
Has liked: 374 times

Re: BOAT SEIZED FOR ILLEGAL CALAMARI CATCHES

Post by re-tyred » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:04 pm

So John should have kept his 30. Sat and had a couple of stubbies and told Heather to keep collecting. Then they would have taken home 60 instead of 45 ??? Sounds like a dumb rule.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:12 pm

So if I catch my bag for the day I can’t catch and release for the rest of the day? I personally disagree with this rule. Not starting anything. Just saying I think it’s a sh!t rule. I couldn’t even tell you who caught what fish on my boat at the end of the day. I do know that the fisher people on my boat are licensed and that we have no more than the aggregate bag limit on board. At the ramp the catch is usually split evenly.

Ever gone pumping yabbies? Did you keep count of how many you personally pumped? If you pumped the yabby but your mate picked it up and put it in the bucket then who caught it?

Whilst I support most of the work by fisheries this is one rule I can’t abide. Helping a mate get a feed is illegal!? Go jump.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:50 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:25 am
Just a quick query. It says
Mr Parks emphasised that your catch is your own and you cannot claim them under someone else’s daily bag limit who is aboard your boat.

So if 3 blokes fishing limit is 30 but I can't catch more then 10 and share them even if other blokes only caught 5 each as long as we don't exceed 30.
Or did the wife in the article not have a fishing licence?
Think if it was 3 blokes on a day our fisheries wouldn’t care. Consistent pattern of behaviour is different.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:02 pm

Here here

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:10 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:04 pm
So John should have kept his 30. Sat and had a couple of stubbies and told Heather to keep collecting. Then they would have taken home 60 instead of 45 ??? Sounds like a dumb rule.
its all perception

say if i was out fishing with my brother and i caught my limit on camera and he didnt and we split them and he kept his in a bag me a esky to fisherys they percive that my brother caught his limit and i havent yet infact i have and they let me keep fishing. thats the thing its very easy for some to lie to fisherys face and get away with it even with pictures i can say i held it for my brother to take the picture but he pulled it in.

In any sense of the case what the bloke did was illegal and got caught but sezure of his stuff and not a very stiff fine of like 10k? they have done less for worse that ive seen and honstly for such a fast reproduction animal you wont make a dent unless you do what some overseas fishers do and have 50 to 100 hooks to a line and take all sizes from little ones just hatched to giant ones, hell queensland for squid is 50 per person max apart from tiger squid even then i dont know anyone that needs 50 squid because if you need that amount you need to rethink your plate size or how your using them for bait.

EDIT: tiger squid for queensland is no size or limit.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Lets be realistic here guys!!
Common sense will always prevail, i have known to "Accidentally" catch more than my fair share of squid when on a boat with others..
as long as we go home with Our limit and nothing more then i don't think the fisheries give a rats!!!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:04 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:10 pm
I think you're asking for too much.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Common sense will always prevail, i have known to "Accidentally" catch more than my fair share of squid when on a boat with others..
as long as we go home with Our limit and nothing more then i don't think the fisheries give a rats!!!
Agreed. How else would Carl get any bait at Sorrento without a few pity squid from the old Italian bloke
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:21 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Agreed. How else would Carl get any bait at Sorrento without a few pity squid from the old Italian bloke
Welfare squid.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:24 pm

DougieK wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:21 pm
4liters wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Welfare squid.
Cephalink?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”