‘STONKER’ RAINBOWS RELEASED FOR METRO FAMILY FUN

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
MickCov
Has liked: 13 times

Re: ‘STONKER’ RAINBOWS RELEASED FOR METRO FAMILY FUN

Post by MickCov » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:24 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:55 pm
MickCov wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:34 pm
I’m a bit outside 5kms from Yarrambat but that’s my go to lake for a lazy fish on a weekend with my wife and daughter...60 stonkers is a fair amount for a lake that size,got to be in with a good chance.Maybe worms under a float off the rockwall.
I've always got them on powerbait I mainly fish on the golf course side near the casting pond.

Ahh yep...forgot about powerbait,haven’t used it for ages.There are some good weed beds over that side of the lake,near the irrigation pipe. :tu:

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: ‘STONKER’ RAINBOWS RELEASED FOR METRO FAMILY FUN

Post by Boonanza » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:20 pm

MickCov wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:24 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:55 pm
MickCov wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:34 pm
I’m a bit outside 5kms from Yarrambat but that’s my go to lake for a lazy fish on a weekend with my wife and daughter...60 stonkers is a fair amount for a lake that size,got to be in with a good chance.Maybe worms under a float off the rockwall.
I've always got them on powerbait I mainly fish on the golf course side near the casting pond.

Ahh yep...forgot about powerbait,haven’t used it for ages.There are some good weed beds over that side of the lake,near the irrigation pipe. :tu:
It fishes better than the other side but not many fish there because you have to walk from the car park. Looks like Friday is going to be ok I will give it a go for a couple of hours after work Friday arvo.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”