Cowes report 31/03/2013

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Cowes report 31/03/2013

Post by soulstar » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:30 am

Went to Cowes Pier and came with 5 rods (3 surf/2 small)

Firstly the pier was PACKED with anglers young and old. I had 2 surf rods out first and fished right out the end (on the lower section) at hightide round 6pm.

I noticed the current was super strong pushing to the left so when i cast out the line went to the left making it difficult to fish more than 1 rod!

(as you should logically fish where the current is going, the left side was too packed to get a spot without crossing line) so i fished at the end for 2 hours and got snagged twice (thought i was on to a stingray but dont think it was the case)

About 30 people watching me try pull my line up and i was snagged on 2 occasions! worse i was pulling up seagrass everytime! My baits where not touched (pilchard)

I then was told that their was an old pier structure under water and you have to cast out far then pull line in quick so snag dosnt occure there. (hard to do using a star sinker)

Anyhow later in the night 10:30pm lowtide i got a spot on the left side to cast from but was only able to use one rod due to the many lines and then this old guy just comes in between and throws his line out....crosses mine then I got upset with him. Was frustrated so i packed up and headed home!

In the end after the 6 hours i was their....no one caught anything! so it was a dougnut night for all anglers! This is my report! sorry for no fish to talk about but good to let anyone who fishes there or planned to fish but couldnt....know!
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Cowes report 31/03/2013

Post by Raulfc7 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Hey Soulstar I think the rules and regulations of fishing state you can only use a max of 4 rods lucky you didn't use all 5 bc your night could have gotten even worse. Sorry to read you didn't catch anything
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Cowes report 31/03/2013

Post by soulstar » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey Raulfc7,

Yeah I was aware its 4 rods per person but i forgot to mention i was fishing with my brother :)

Hence thanks for trying to educate! that type of info would come in handy if I didnt know!

;D
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

Return to “Phillip Island”