Walleye in France..

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Walleye in France..

Post by meppstas » Fri May 25, 2018 11:27 am

Like I said earlier Broomstick I have no idea as I've never seen them before, I'm going by my friend who has lived in France all his life and fishes the lakes and rivers across Europe.. I feel he would know what he's caught in all of his years of fishing there..
I put this on the forum a few days ago in a reply.. so to me it looks like they may stock them in the lakes & streams, just like we do with trout in Australia.. http://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forum ... lleye.html

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Fri May 25, 2018 11:31 am

meppstas wrote:Like I said earlier Broomstick I have no idea as I've never seen them before, I'm going by my friend who has lived in France all his life and fishes the lakes and rivers across Europe.. I feel he would know what he's caught in all of his years of fishing there..
I put this on the forum a few days ago in a reply.. so to me it looks like they may stock them in the lakes & streams, just like we do with trout in Australia..

cheers
Adrian

Such a good example of how fish in different continents have evolved though :)
fascinating stuff
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

meppstas wrote:Like I said earlier Broomstick I have no idea as I've never seen them before, I'm going by my friend who has lived in France all his life and fishes the lakes and rivers across Europe.. I feel he would know what he's caught in all of his years of fishing there..
I put this on the forum a few days ago in a reply.. so to me it looks like they may stock them in the lakes & streams, just like we do with trout in Australia.. http://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forum ... lleye.html

cheers
Adrian
Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Broomstick wrote:

cheers
Adrian
Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.

No worries Broomstick.. :thumbsup: I had no idea either, all I knew was that they were native to Canada & Nth America..
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:15 am

Y8u ever fished overthere?

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sat May 26, 2018 8:08 am

Used to catch zander as a kid in Sweden; the place is a pike/zander/redfin heaven... Wish the poms introduced zander here instead of carp; great fighting fish and very tasty; beautiful white flaky meat. Overall, I'd liken it more to Mulloway than whiting/trout, form and flesh wise.

Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Expomnowcon » Mon May 28, 2018 10:35 am

smokin_reels wrote:
meppstas wrote:Here's a couple of photos of Walleye that was caught by a good friend of mine in France when he managed to get away from his job at Mepps..
He tells me that they're a great fighting fish and that these two are just a couple of small ones... these were both taken in Lakes one in France and the other In Spain..
cheers
Adrian
The attachment Jean-Luc Faure with a Walleye.. (Large).jpg is no longer available
_20171129_112811.JPG

I am no expert on this , but i suspect they maybe Zander. A close to relative of the Wall-eye (their north american counter part)
I have caught a small Zander on a lure while bait fishing for Wels Catfish on the river Ebro in Spain , Dropped it while trying to take a pic :rofl:

Thank fully didnt drop the catfish while taking the picture.

You're right they're zander, I used to fish for them back in England. Not as fun to catch as pike though!

Return to “The Rest of the World”