Thailand - Koh Samui fishing

Sinsemilla

Thailand - Koh Samui fishing

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:11 am

Just got back from a bucks trip with a few mates in Koh Samui. I think I need another holiday..

I went for a bit of a walk down a beach close to our villa one day and saw some locals wading the shallows casting. I went straight up to them and started having a chat. They were using small soft plastics and squid jigs. They were fishing weedy and rocky bottom just off the beach catching squid and small reef fish. This was enough for me to start looking at where i could get some tackle..

I did manage to get away from the bars, drinking and girls for a day and hit up a couple rocky points near the villa where we were staying. I found a tackle store in town called the March fishing sport tackle store. The lady in there was really nice and opened the store up for us even though they were closed. Me and the lads bought a whole heap of gear including rods, reels, braid, leader, plastics, metals, squid jigs.. as we didn't plan on doing any fishing there none of us had brought any gear.

The next morning i was on the rocky points by around 9. It was a bit windy but not too bad. I started off using the plastics i saw the locals using which was a good idea because i started getting hits straight away and by my third cast i was into a fish. Nothing huge but i was wrapped to get my first fish abroad.

The bite was good and i was getting small reef fish every few casts until i wasn't paying attention and hooked into something decent. It screamed off for a good 5 seconds taking heaps of line until it dusted me on the reef.. I was guttered.

After a few more small reefies i decided to call it a day as the sun and heat were getting to me and the bar was calling..

It was a nice little session to break up a good holiday away drinking and laughing with the boys.

Cheers, Anth
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
20180830_170645.jpg
20180830_114103.jpg
20180830_110752.jpg
20180830_103753.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Thailand - Koh Samui fishing

Post by Lightningx » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:50 am

Sounds like you had a great time over there mate.
Glad it wasn’t all just about the drinking considering it was a bucks you went to.
I definitely would have done the same and got some fishing in there as well.
Nice report and pics.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:09 am

Nice to add a few species to the book good looking fish.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:12 am

Nothing better than going on holidays that's for sure, even better when it's close to the water and you get a chance to wet a line.. well done and good to see you had a good holiday..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:29 am

Where in koh samui were u staying sinsemilla :water:

Return to “The Rest of the World”