Big changes to Vrfish

News and Information from VRFish
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Big changes to Vrfish

Post by 4liters » Mon May 10, 2021 11:54 am

The fact that some pretty basic stuff like KPIs, financial reporting and tenure don’t seem to have addressed previously I’d say the changes are likely to be a good thing.

Better representation of fishos on the board can only be a good thing too. That article paints the current leadership as an unaccountable boys club.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon May 10, 2021 8:22 pm

I’m with goonbag. Sounds like a sorely needed shakeup. Wouldn’t you want to see what the money being spent is actually going towards? From my understanding it’s an old fossil club, some new blood will be a good thing.

ango

Post by ango » Mon May 10, 2021 9:49 pm

Virtue signaling rubbish, these bodies should always have limits on time in office like the US presidency, 2 terms only to stop it becoming an "old fossils" club. Having said that, looking at the website it seems that premium members ($25.00 fee) vote in the board elections. How many of VRfish critics have ponied up the money to join & vote? If you want change you need to get involved. I am not a member, to me fishing is a hobby which I enjoy very much, but I do not have the time or inclination to become involved in what is a political situation.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue May 11, 2021 10:36 am

Maybe the women might actually get some balls rolling!!!!

Return to “VRFish (Victorian Recreational Fishing Peak-Body)”