November Vic Kings!

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 389 times

Re: November Vic Kings!

Post by fishingvic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Merry Christmas Fishbrainer. You were warned.
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Alrighty fellas, we are all fisho's, no need for arguments.

I'm pretty excited about this coming kingfish season with fish already about in numbers. 3-4 years ago everyone was very tight lipped about the kingies making a return, now clearly they have built up in enough numbers that they are now being targeted by a lot more fisho's, which is great!

With the fish already in the 70's I think there will be more larger fish caught this season, would love to get a few metre fish that would be something else!

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:11 pm

poodoo wrote:I'll clean this up later I've banned the f!ck wit.
Why do ppl come here & disrupt the forum ? Good move poodoo :thumbsup:

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Scott great catches you have made, I certainly hope Kingfish return in force.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:13 pm

scott__henning wrote:Alrighty fellas, we are all fisho's, no need for arguments.

I'm pretty excited about this coming kingfish season with fish already about in numbers. 3-4 years ago everyone was very tight lipped about the kingies making a return, now clearly they have built up in enough numbers that they are now being targeted by a lot more fisho's, which is great!

With the fish already in the 70's I think there will be more larger fish caught this season, would love to get a few metre fish that would be something else!
Yeah, once I've got the EPIRB and all that **** set up on the yak I'll hopefully find the time to do some trips out around Cape Woolemi and/or Walkerville to see if I can find them.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:14 pm

poodoo wrote:I'll clean this up later I've banned the f!ck wit.
Dang ! I was hoping to see some of his gigantic humungus monstrous fish pics ! we'll never see them now, how will I get through life ? :rofl:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:22 pm

scott__henning wrote:Alrighty fellas, we are all fisho's, no need for arguments.

We r no doubt in for a good season mate!!
Hopefully I can crack the metre mark on a king n not another carp! It's funny I forget about bills till the last minute but my Eden trip in feb is all ready to go rooms paid new jigs and gear at the ready haha

10kg greenback here we come
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:10 pm

Great work there Scott! Nice read too mate. I gotta agree, the numbers and sizes are certainly building. They seem to be going from strength to strength.

Bigger numbers outside also mean bigger numbers inside the bays as well. Interestingly, WP has much more reef and character to it, and yet I seem to hear more kingie reports from PPB. Anyone have any ideas why this may be so? Not sure I've actually heard of a kingie caught in WP tbh!

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Redhunter wrote:Great work there Scott! Nice read too mate. I gotta agree, the numbers and sizes are certainly building. They seem to be going from strength to strength.

Bigger numbers outside also mean bigger numbers inside the bays as well. Interestingly, WP has much more reef and character to it, and yet I seem to hear more kingie reports from PPB. Anyone have any ideas why this may be so? Not sure I've actually heard of a kingie caught in WP tbh!
How many bay fisherman do u know that target mid column fish?? I know quite a few n they all bottom bash n don't even look twice at a big arch or two mid water..
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Redhunter wrote:Great work there Scott! Nice read too mate. I gotta agree, the numbers and sizes are certainly building. They seem to be going from strength to strength.

Few rats venture up with the bait. There was even a good fish (~9kg if memory is good) off point leo beach landbased a few years back.

The one good thing that's helped the Kingfish in both Victoria/Tasmania and NSW, the banning of commercial traps.

You'll love 1m+ fish Scott, makes 80cm fish look and feel tiny

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”