LB King

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Re: LB King

Post by wem21 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:29 am

edited

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 am

abzz wrote:
hornet wrote:abzz your a fringing fish magnet ! I've checked out your captures over the time I've been on this forum and you amaze me, I don't know anyone who's caught the variety of BIG fish LB as you have, you got my respect dude ! I knew the spot you fished by the back ground as I've been there, but out of respect I refrained from mentioning it, It may not be a "secrete spot" but I'd be annoyed traveling so long to get there only to find no room to fish, good fish producing Victorian ledges are far and few between not to mention small, only 2 or 3 can fish at a time, as others have said if the poster doesn't mention it, and you recognize the spot, respect his post, you can always send a private message and ask if you must.
Thanks mate. Appreciate your comments :thumbsup:
Definitely not a spot for a crowd. 18 hours in total on those rocks and only saw 1 other person fishing for whiting in the shallows. Don't think that'll be happening again anytime soon!
You fished on that rock for 18 hours?! Some of you guys on here are extremely committed or mental...respect to you all.
P.S. Very entertaining post everyone (it's like a 'Where's Wally' but with angry people and Couta slime lubricant)

ingeer

Post by ingeer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:57 am

OMG what a mess, sorry about that i've removed the mentioning of the spot everyone please be cool with it...

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:59 am

unnamed.gif

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am

edited

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 am

edited

abzz

Post by abzz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:31 am

Mattblack wrote:
abzz wrote:
hornet wrote:abzz your a fringing fish magnet ! I've checked out your captures over the time I've been on this forum and you amaze me, I don't know anyone who's caught the variety of BIG fish LB as you have, you got my respect dude ! I knew the spot you fished by the back ground as I've been there, but out of respect I refrained from mentioning it, It may not be a "secrete spot" but I'd be annoyed traveling so long to get there only to find no room to fish, good fish producing Victorian ledges are far and few between not to mention small, only 2 or 3 can fish at a time, as others have said if the poster doesn't mention it, and you recognize the spot, respect his post, you can always send a private message and ask if you must.
Thanks mate. Appreciate your comments :thumbsup:
Definitely not a spot for a crowd. 18 hours in total on those rocks and only saw 1 other person fishing for whiting in the shallows. Don't think that'll be happening again anytime soon!
You fished on that rock for 18 hours?! Some of you guys on here are extremely committed or mental...respect to you all.
P.S. Very entertaining post everyone (it's like a 'Where's Wally' but with angry people and Couta slime lubricant)
I went for a look the first time with a couple rods spinning for a few hours and last Saturday went from sun-up till just before sun-down...maybe a small mental issue aswell :rofl:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:37 am

abzz wrote:
Mattblack wrote: You fished on that rock for 18 hours?! Some of you guys on here are extremely committed or mental...respect to you all.
I went for a look the first time with a couple rods spinning for a few hours and last Saturday went from sun-up till just before sun-down...maybe a small mental issue aswell :rofl:
It's not unusual to spend 2-3 (more) days on a ledge chasing tuna or marlin. Unless the ledge has artificially restricted access like at JB, quite often LBG guys will take multiple trips to carry in all their gear... aerators, pumps, bait pools, cooking stuff, food, water, gaffs etc and just stay there for the entirety of their trip. Unless you can find a campground walking distance to a ledge (there are a couple but not many) it's too hard to pack up every night, walk out then be back at 3am the next morning to try and get live baits. Unfortunately it looks like the ALBAA site is gone, because there were some epic stories up there about guys camping out the front ledges at JB for days at a time and needing to employ the help of a helicopter to get tuna off one of the ledges there.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:43 am

edited

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 am

ingeer wrote:OMG what a mess, sorry about that i've removed the mentioning of the spot everyone please be cool with it...
All good, most people are cool with an honest misunderstanding. It’s relentless flogs like rb that give everyone the *****.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”