whats in the mix

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
schnapps

whats in the mix

Post by schnapps » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:07 am

Gday all, just new here. Looking for some intel on the old berely mix.I have been reading a lot about different mixes and product, like garlic,aniseed,different oils. Im a salt watar fisho around the s/west vic region, so im looking for the pinkies ,gummies whiting,flatties mainly.
What i am interested in is this fish pheremone from cefas it comes in a few different styles from different companies. My questions to you all is, 1)Has anyone used the attractant,2) does anyone know what it is (whats in it) and if so please give me your knowledgeable account of this ,positive /negative. product.
Keen for all your input

Fish-Hunter

Re: whats in the mix

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:59 am

Sorry cant help , but cubed pilchards with chicken pellets soaked in some tuna oil always does ok .

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: whats in the mix

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:42 am

Ultrabite works for me when fishing is slow. All my Berkley Gulp are soaked in Ultrabite. I noticed more aggressive takes when using ultrabite. Fish even come back if they miss my SP. I dont think the paste and spray types work on hard body lures and SP. They get washed so fast.

I experimented on this thing. I didn't believe it works. I went to a rock pool and dropped a few small pcs of bait. The fish in the rock pool barely touched them. Then I mixed the same type of bait with ultrabite and dropped them in the midst of the fish. At first, they were hesitant to bite...as if they were confused. The all of a sudden they went berserk and started attacking the bait like piranhas. The problem with this is attractant is that all fish reacts to it. Your bait will be taken by pickers faster that you can imagine.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Bait”