'Fishing Victoria' Badges.

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:44 am

Hi there.

Now we all know than many of us are members of several forums.

Recently a situation was bought up on another forum whereby a guy was fishing for squid at a local pier with his kid. As it turns out the guy was 'muscled' out of a squid his kid had caught by some guy that got agressive & decided he was entitled to take the kid's squid for bait.
The guy did the right thing & backed off due to having his kid with him & not wanting to see a physical confrontation errupt.

This got me to thinking, things might have been very different had this guy been wearing a badge that would immediately identify him to other forum members that might have been present. Safety in numbers would have prevented this situation occuring or at least have resuloted in authorities being able to take action based on evidence from other people present.

So, my suggestion?
Rather than come up with stickers for car bumpers, etc what about producing a 'Fishing Vic' badge that can be worn by people when fishing at such locations. It would enable members to immediately identitify with other forum members & introduce themselves to those they may have already met on line, & in doing so it increases the saftety aspect for those people. This situation being a classic example.

So, what about it FV guys?
How's about a badge that members can purchase to make themselves immediately identifiable to other forum members when in public?

Bill.

Lost Pom

Re: 'Fishing Victoria' Badges.

Post by Lost Pom » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:22 am

Makes perfect sense.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:16 am

Muscled out of a Squid his kid caught , the bullie that taken the squid off the kid is a total tool . smh

edgar po wong

Post by edgar po wong » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:59 pm

It's robbery if that was exactly what happened. All the points of proof are satisfied. The guy needed taking down and the cops called. Unacceptable behavior even if it wasn't illegal.
Back to the topic, not a bad idea, I can put one on my beanie :)

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:16 pm

are you SERIOUS!? he took the squid off that poor kid?! man wished i was there! to kick this guys head in! no offence. =/
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Beno

Post by Beno » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Top Idea!
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tal-Ponc

Post by Tal-Ponc » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Fantastic idea Bartnmax, Sad to hear a father with his children would be attacked like that...What a piece of ****...
(If I may put my five cents in maybe it would be a good idea to have the option of having your online name added to the badge somehow when you order a badges)...
Good things come to those who Bait...

andreas

Post by andreas » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:52 am

Whats wrong with some people, unreal story. I relation to badges good idea mate I'd by one. :victory:

fishsticks

Post by fishsticks » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:56 pm

vinhii wrote:are you SERIOUS!? he took the squid off that poor kid?! man wished i was there! to kick this guys head in! no offence. =/
he must be a shite fisherman. lol would love to see someone try and come up with an explanation on how they own a squid that is connected to my jig...lol they wouldnt get far.

great idea though , knock up some badges
In every species of fish I’ve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didn’t, much of the thrill of angling would be gone. –Ray Bergman

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”