Suggestion - report sticky for fish species.

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
Bartnmax

Suggestion - report sticky for fish species.

Post by Bartnmax » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:03 am

Hey there mods/admin peeples.

Was just reading through a few areas & thought I might offer a small suggestion.
With regard to fish species (snapper, whiting, etc) it would be handy to have a sticky thread where people could report on their recent achivements/failures.
Just something short such as (in snapper report) - "Fished spoil ground 25/10/12 3 fish caught + gummy"
It would allow readers to scan the recent reports & whereabouts of fish without having to wade through individual posts relating to specific locations.
I know there is a specific sub-section for reports but anyone wanting to find out how the masses did on the snapper say last night, would need to read through numersous individual reports for each location.

Tomcat1

Re: Suggestion - report sticky for fish species.

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:13 pm

the only problem i see with doing this is that people that just troll the internet for info will just find posts and not contribute to the forum. i don't mind helping out forum members with places, what bait, when to go, and any other info but i get sick of trollers just skimming through and next thing you know you have a thousand people all fishing your favorite spot. so why make it easier for the trollers to find info? lol

Bartnmax

Re: Suggestion - report sticky for fish species.

Post by Bartnmax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:57 am

Yeah I agree that's always a problem Tommy, but I would envisage that it shouldn't be too hard to organise a sub-forum that's only accessible to signed up forum members that have posted say 20 times, etc.
Gotta admit I don't know all the technicalities involved but I am a member of other forums that have hidden sub-folders so I would envisage that it's also possible here ???

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”