Post counts. Do we need them?

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.

Post counts. Should we keep them?

Yes
8%
No
44%
Keep the Ranking System, but remove the post count.
49%
Keep the post count, but remove the ranking system.
No votes

Total votes: 39

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Post counts. Do we need them?

Post by Redhunter » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:20 am

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:45 am
rb85 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:18 am
Judge less. get rid of elitist attitudes and make it fun. One addition I would suggest is a sub forum not linked to the main page for irrelevant **** talk.

Call it the shed or something off topic shenanigans can go there.
Agree man.
Fellas, we need to understand that this is a "Fishing Forum". The MAIN focus of this forum is FISHING. There is already Bay13 and Off Topic for "other" discussions, but that's not really what this forum is all about. Things got derailed over winter, let's help get this forum back on track moving forward, and get back to FISHING :wt:

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:27 am

Redhunter wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:20 am
Jasonfish1234 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Judge less. get rid of elitist attitudes and make it fun. One addition I would suggest is a sub forum not linked to the main page for irrelevant **** talk.

Agree man.
Fellas, we need to understand that this is a "Fishing Forum". The MAIN focus of this forum is FISHING. There is already Bay13 and Off Topic for "other" discussions, but that's not really what this forum is all about. Things got derailed over winter, let's help get this forum back on track moving forward, and get back to FISHING :wt:
The bug guy start it.

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:38 am

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:27 am
Redhunter wrote:
Jasonfish1234 wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Agree man.
The bug guy start it.
no need to point fingers jase, it's better to just move on so we can have more fishing content going around.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:51 am

Jon - Was thinking along the lines of the emphasis being on membership duration, as opposed to post counts. This way eradicating any ill feelings towards "post counts" completely. Just an idea mate. If there's a lot of work involved and it's not really worth it, leave things be. What's been done already may be enough to put this issue to rest once and for all and move forward.
BTW, dunno where you got that profile pic from, but it's a bloody bewdy. Lol. Cracks me up, always has.

Bowl - challenge yourself pal. Maybe stretch those one line reports out to a two line reports with a few more details and give your fans what they want! Lol. You do make a fair point in relation to literacy skills though and "likes". I personally feel no changes need to be made there. It's good how it is.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:16 pm

fishingvic wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:15 am
rb85 wrote:

We do already have this Sub-Forum -> Bay 13

If you log out as if you were not a member you will see Bay 13 is actually not visible.

There is no way to prevent kids becoming members so once they join, they can view Bay 13. I am not aware of any online age verification software that actually works...

Bay 13 is a section for shenanigans, however, the swearing, troll posts, and abuse of recent times is against the Forum Terms and simply isn't going to be tolerated moving forward.

There is always a line that shouldn't be crossed.
I understand that FV but my suggestion was that posts there don’t pop up on the recent topics area bay13 could be hidden from the recent topics on the home page.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:18 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Jasonfish1234 wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Agree man.
Totally get that RH like I said hide it from the homepage. I don’t like good threads being ruined but also see the need to have an area hidden from the recent topics on the homepage.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:16 am

So has this made any difference at all lol
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:26 am

bowl wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:16 am
So has this made any difference at all lol
No

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:35 am

Bowl, I have given out about a kazzillion likes. I don't give them out to see that number tick over. I give them out for my own reasons. To say "I like that post" simple.

Some member's post counts or posts per day are high, mine is. I post because I feel I have a reply to a post/thread. Nothing to do with post counts.

But hey, gives some members something to pick on, instead of my handsome rugged look

Cheers Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:39 am

Have you noticed, I turned this into a "Three poster" instead of just one post :te:

It doesn't mean anything.

Go pick on the person making your coffee "not right" :o_0:

Cheers, Bugatti

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”