Post counts. Do we need them?

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.

Post counts. Should we keep them?

Yes
8%
No
44%
Keep the Ranking System, but remove the post count.
49%
Keep the post count, but remove the ranking system.
No votes

Total votes: 39

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Post counts. Do we need them?

Post by bowl » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:43 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:26 am
bowl wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:16 am
So has this made any difference at all lol
No
So, how many times since post counts have been removed, have either of you read a post from a member having a crack at another member about posting rubbish posts in order to boost their post count? Think about it. It can no longer be used as negative ammo towards another member. This was the whole point of the exercise.
Let's move fwd and discuss things fishing related, please. Otherwise, go log on to flogbook. Thanks.
Still has not stopped arguing or fighting imo...
Snapper head has stopped a little...but that's it
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Bugatti wrote:
bowl wrote:
No
So, how many times since post counts have been removed, have either of you read a post from a member having a crack at another member about posting rubbish posts in order to boost their post count? Think about it. It can no longer be used as negative ammo towards another member. This was the whole point of the exercise.
Let's move fwd and discuss things fishing related, please. Otherwise, go log on to flogbook. Thanks.
Jasonfish posted something fishing related but because it wasn’t to the taste of some it was shitcanned.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:52 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:07 pm
Redhunter wrote:
Bugatti wrote:
bowl wrote:
No
Jasonfish posted something fishing related but because it wasn’t to the taste of some it was shitcanned.
With all due respect RB, you have made your opinion loud and clear on other threads regarding this matter. I have been civil with the jargon posted on this forum of late, but if you really want my opinion I will let it be known. I will not back Boonanza, but I do understand his frustration. Some members have been here for 5 mins and try to dictate to all here how things should be in a fantasy world of "pixies and fairies and magical frogs", and some members have been here for many years and have seen the quality of the forum's content go up and down with those kinds of folk coming and going. Unless your head is clouded, it was quite clear that Jasonfish1234 has some personal issues that need resolving. A bit sad really. However, why should it be every Fishing Vic member's responsibility to be subjected to it all? There are professionals out there to cater for this. He was given some great advice by some concerned members, but at the end of the day he needs to help himself rather than just whinging about his situation and doing little to fix it. On a whole we were all patient and helpful, but he blew up and showed his lack of maturity. Enough was enough, and on behalf of many, I'm glad he is taking a forced break from the forum. After all, I'm confident most members are here to get away from all that and lose themselves in fishing. Let's face it, this is actually a fishing forum believe it or not, it's certainly not a psych ward. Cheers.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:12 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:52 pm
rb85 wrote:
Redhunter wrote:
Bugatti wrote:
bowl wrote:
No
With all due respect RB, you have made your opinion loud and clear on other threads regarding this matter. I have been civil with the jargon posted on this forum of late, but if you really want my opinion I will let it be known. I will not back Boonanza, but I do understand his frustration. Some members have been here for 5 mins and try to dictate to all here how things should be in a fantasy world of "pixies and fairies and magical frogs", and some members have been here for many years and have seen the quality of the forum's content go up and down with those kinds of folk coming and going. Unless your head is clouded, it was quite clear that Jasonfish1234 has some personal issues that need resolving. A bit sad really. However, why should it be every Fishing Vic member's responsibility to be subjected to it all? There are professionals out there to cater for this. He was given some great advice by some concerned members, but at the end of the day he needs to help himself rather than just whinging about his situation and doing little to fix it. On a whole we were all patient and helpful, but he blew up and showed his lack of maturity. Enough was enough, and on behalf of many, I'm glad he is taking a forced break from the forum. After all, I'm confident most members are here to get away from all that and lose themselves in fishing. Let's face it, this is actually a fishing forum believe it or not, it's certainly not a psych ward. Cheers.
Yep loud and clear and I stand by it. Yes we knew he had issues no need to extrapolate it and that’s where I feel my point has been ignored completely. We can’t have a rule for some and not others.

There was an explosion there also was a detonator. Believe me I urged Jason via pm after he instigated a conversation to ignore it and move on. Don’t want to see Boony punished but something tells me Kimtown isn’t wrong.

Redhunter I want the site to move on but I also don’t want it to be a little boys club with outsiders.

Edit: locking threads where people question the integrity of the site isn’t the answer
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

SnapperHead
Has liked: 20 times

Post by SnapperHead » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:52 pm
rb85 wrote:
Redhunter wrote:
Bugatti wrote:
bowl wrote:
No
Very well said!!! The time to move on is now.
In fact if anyone continues to harp on about it, I suggest you exchange numbers and start your own little FB group.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 pm

in before its locked :bn: :bn: :bn: :bn:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:47 pm

download (2).jpeg
download (2).jpeg (8.11 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Back on topic of post counts

Red, you are right, the removal of post counts has stopped the complaining of:

"Members are posting rubbish to increase their post count"

I thought the exercise was to remove the rubbish posting , , , , by way of thinking it was because members posted rubbish to increase their post count.
By removing the post count, it has only taken the reason that was thought to have caused the rubbish posting.

The rubbish posting is still there. The complaints are still there, just without the post count reasoning.

"Members are posting rubbish"

Regards, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:22 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 pm

I bet you:
* played on train tracks when you were a kid
* poked Bears
* and pulled out another Pee-Shooter when the Teacher confiscated your Pee-Shooter for a week

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:35 am

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:22 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 pm

I bet you:
* played on train tracks when you were a kid
* poked Bears
* and pulled out another Pee-Shooter when the Teacher confiscated your Pee-Shooter for a week
Negative...
* no train tracks on the island.
* no bears on the island
* I was the teachers pet.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”