WYNDHAM HARBOUR

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

WYNDHAM HARBOUR

Post by gregmaka » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:50 pm

I noticed today there were 80 % more fishing at very little space that is left on the rocks ,as you are not allowed to fish on the main rocks anymore since start of January i think. If you look at tidal times and lunar times today and the next 3 days are good for fishing.I tried asking people what is going on today fishing and why so many rods in the water. There was no spot for me to fish,so i did not bother trying to squeeze in between people to fish. Anyway i decided to fish on the next set of rocks just for an hour ,had a few runs on my reel,and reeled out bitten off traces and hooks. In the end i caught a 45cm Flathead and just went home.I would love to know why so many people today,was it because tomorrow is lockdown again,or the tidal moon thing or have people actually been catching good fish again. I cannot wait till my Kayak arrives in 3 weeks so all the people that did not let me fish in between them today can watch me catch fish from a distance. Some people think they own every land based spot and set up 4 rods each.I would still like to know why so many people today,as i don't think anyone caught any thing.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: WYNDHAM HARBOUR

Post by Lightningx » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:26 pm

I know how you feel mate. I used to know an elderly couple who would always fish with 8 rods and space them out taking up half the pier :dn:

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:52 pm

gregmaka wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:50 pm
,was it because tomorrow is lockdown again,
I think this is one of the reason. Also being Friday and all.

Nice flathead btw :tu:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:21 am

I know the one you are talking about Station pier,so he was allowed to catch 6 big reds. I think fishos should be forsed to scale down on rods when there are too many ppl fishing to 2 rods.

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:40 am

I think lockdown had a lot to do with out. I was out and about in Willy last night and every pub had people literally spilling on the streets..

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”