Landbased Northern WP

Fredfillis

Landbased Northern WP

Post by Fredfillis » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Hi all,

Want to take the daughter out for a crack on Saturday but need somewhere nearby as I don't have a lot of travel / fishing time. Looking at northern WP but I don't see anything likely on Google maps. Looking for a pier or similar. No specific targets in mind, just getting a couple of hours in the sun! Any suggestions?

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: Landbased Northern WP

Post by mazman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:25 pm

I used to enjoy fishing warneet pier (the older one) and usually got something there, what varied greatly. It's not a pier but tooradin is a good LB spot in that area too, should be able to search up info on how to fish there on the forum, mullet and small trevally are the main stay there but there are other species around.

Phwaah

Post by Phwaah » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Hastings pier if that's far north enough for you. Great little spot sheltered from wind.

Fredfillis

Post by Fredfillis » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:50 pm

Thanks Mazman, I'll check out Tooradin. Have tried Warneet before. Many, many toadies.

Phwaah, Hastings is a little outside my range for this Saturday. But thanks for the tip!

Fredfillis

Post by Fredfillis » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Had a quick look at Tooradin but tide was out and "beach" too soft so we ended up at Warneet at the small jetty by the fishos club. As expected, wall to wall toadies. The girl was happy to catch toadies and it was a nice day so worked out ok. Will be looking for something more substantial next time out.

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”