Tommy rough??

Caught a fish and you don't know what it is? Ask here...
shazdoggg

Re: Tommy rough??

Post by shazdoggg » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:12 pm

bigwatkins wrote:We hired a boat. But we wernt anymore than 500m from the pier/rock wall
cheers for the super prompt reply! Ive recently had the pleasure of being a tourist guide for a german back packer friend and Ive been meaning to take her out for a fish! Did you just get the one Slimy because they're generally a school fish. Do you mind sharing what rig you caught it on? Under a float, on the bottom etc.
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

rixter

Post by rixter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Ah yes a slimy , it does look close in shape.
Plenty of them around the pier in Cowes/Phillip Island , fish around the inside of the 'L' bend on the pier, usually just before the bend on the right side of the pier (while walking up the pier) is the best area for them.
They smash the 20-30gram silver metal slugs, a small red plastic tag on the clip ring near the hook seems to help as an attractant. Also used for salmon.

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:51 pm

shazdoggg wrote:
bigwatkins wrote:We hired a boat. But we wernt anymore than 500m from the pier/rock wall
cheers for the super prompt reply! Ive recently had the pleasure of being a tourist guide for a german back packer friend and Ive been meaning to take her out for a fish! Did you just get the one Slimy because they're generally a school fish. Do you mind sharing what rig you caught it on? Under a float, on the bottom etc.
Excuse me shaz, but is the german back packer the one who is promoting swivels in your avatar?? ;) ;)
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:05 pm

raco09 wrote:
shazdoggg wrote:
Excuse me shaz, but is the german back packer the one who is promoting swivels in your avatar?? ;) ;)
Not this time mate but shes a lovely sort in all regards! :-D If/when we head out for a fish I'll be sure to take pix just for you bud!! :super: :Dribble:
We need to head out for a fish before the year is out, its been too long between drinks.
When I got time,
been fishin since a kid,

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:09 pm

shazdoggg wrote:

I cant remember what rigg i caught it on sorry but i was fishing the bottom. Using cubes of blue bait and pilchard. I had a whiting rig on one rod but i think j caught it on the other rod with a running sinker

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:19 pm

bigwatkins wrote:
shazdoggg wrote:

I cant remember what rigg i caught it on sorry but i was fishing the bottom. Using cubes of blue bait and pilchard. I had a whiting rig on one rod but i think j caught it on the other rod with a running sinker
No need to be sorry mate, cheers for the heads up! Will take your advice on board if I head out for them slimeys
When I got time,
been fishin since a kid,

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:59 am

If your targeting them i would look into it a bit more as we were happy with our lucky dip.

Great fun for people that are just happy catching anything and not to fussed on keeping them for dinner

Return to “Fish ID”