Re-Open Point Addis to Rec Angler's.

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
jb2020

Re: Re-Open Point Addis to Rec Angler's.

Post by jb2020 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:14 pm

the closure of addis was 100% UNSCIENTIFIC rammed through by green totalitarians....as is their general way.

here's an excerpt from an article I found showing how the absurd vic marine parks were imposed

Editorial: Marine Park Fiasco in Victoria, Australia
by Colin Barton, John McDougal - Victoria, Australia

If you think that this looks like the influence of the animal rights anti-fishing lobby then you are right. Victoria is now the only State in Australia where fishing is completely excluded from all marine parks.

It is very interesting to review the strategies involved in arriving at this bizarre result.
Over a long period of time through apparently deliberate maneuvers, the relevant State Government Departments have become progressively more dominated by green ideologists. Taking advantage of preferential access, those Departments, assisted by ideologically driven support groups and zealot ministerial advisers, then supplied the Ministers, politicians and the media with a constant flow of propaganda. The situation was compounded by the extensive resources that were ploughed into the green lobby groups. Money was made available through political intervention at the highest level, to import overseas scientists who were compromised through their receipt of incomplete and biased briefs. These scientists, whilst prepared to give well founded praise to the excellent multi-use Australian Great Barrier Marine Park were persuaded to support the totally different and inappropriate Victorian ‘highly protected’ legislation. When well respected Australian marine scientists from both the Federal and State arenas, questioned the Victorian policy their input was ignored and degraded. Meanwhile, pop singers and the like, were given free access to the media to air their support.
The recreational angling peak body advising Government remained under Government control and was unable to effectively pursue its charter, to represent the concerns of all recreational anglers.

A cruel plan of deception was foisted upon stakeholders through a flawed public consultation process. Some 4,500 written submissions were taken and numerous consultation meetings were held. No minutes were taken at any of the meetings and the 4,500 submissions, together with the 14,500 other written protests, were discounted. This process was widely touted as genuine consultation despite no independent scientific audit of the final recommendations - the "children were left in charge of the chocolate factory!"

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:27 pm

People probably kept leaving **** everywhere and lighting fires on the beach. Stunning looking spot though.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

jb2020

Post by jb2020 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:11 pm

"probably"........have you ever been there? sounds like you you are just making assumptions. Way more rubbish is left by swimmers at popular surf & metropolitan beaches - why aren't these areas turned into marine parks if that is your justification for one? if you dig a little deeper you may find that the 'science' behind addis closure was a total joke and the politically motivated outcome was already decided.
DougieK wrote:People probably kept leaving sh*t everywhere and lighting fires on the beach. Stunning looking spot though.

walk the streams

Post by walk the streams » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Should never have been closed in the first place

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:40 pm

I was led to believe it was closed because its a grey nurse shark area. But I am all for reopening it

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Bells beach ,point Addis reserve n park area is never to built or made into a development.
100 s of kilometers down the great ocean rd to find a fishing spot.

Leave this special spot as natural as possible
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:29 pm

I dont want to develop it I just want to fish it

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Nude up wrote:I dont want to develop it I just want to fish it
Me too.

walk the streams

Post by walk the streams » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:22 pm

Me three, this whole idea of locking things away for future generations to enjoy makes no sense at all, sooner or later someone has to enjoy it lol. And as for pristine and untouched beaches, well the state is littered with them, why lock up a beach an hour from Melbourne

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:37 pm

[quote="walk the streams"]Me three, this whole idea of locking things away for future generations to enjoy makes no sense at all, sooner or later someone has to enjoy it lol. And as for pristine and untouched beaches, well the state is littered with them, why lock up a beach an hour from Melbourne[/
Why not lock a beach within a hour from the city....
As for future generations things you said ....that's a cracker :down:
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Surf Fishing”