fishing GUNNAMATTA

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: fishing GUNNAMATTA

Post by DougieK » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:21 pm

gly Swell doesn't look good this weekend. 1.7-1.8 which is on the absolute max i'd fish the Gun in.

Reports from shops should be taken lightly. Just because one guy caught some fish doesn't mean 'they are on'. There have been plenty of days when Carl has cleaned up and i've gone down mere hours later and got nothing, or i've cleaned up the morning session and he's donutted the same night.

The bait guys there are getting a fairly steady stream of smallish fish and it's pretty hard work on lures so far this season. I've only seen one overwhelmingly positive report and that was a month ago and on bait.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:
hornet wrote:I was hoping to go down Sunday but the weather doesn't seem to be desirable, though I still may brave the weather and have a go .... wave height permitting.
If weather holds and that's a big IF then Wednesday looks the goods, Northely wind with higher tide just after sunset
Unfortunately I don't have the option to fish mid week, I'm locked into Sat / Sun sessions only.. bummer.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:50 pm

BigBad64 wrote:
Brett wrote:If you believe a fishing report from a tackle shop, about how it's fishing, you've got rocks in your head. Lol
So you reckon that could be a bodgie report?
Not necessarily bogus, just well worded for the start of salmon season.
The fish in the picture are only small, the biggest 1 would be about a kg I reckon.

A lot of ppl I've seen come into a shop have no idea and will spend a small fortune because the attendant "recommends" it.

Salmon off the back beaches is very popular down here, I dare say a few $$ might be spent at the local stores around now, so a positive report, leads to positive sales

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Brett wrote:
BigBad64 wrote:
Brett wrote:If you believe a fishing report from a tackle shop, about how it's fishing, you've got rocks in your head. Lol
So you reckon that could be a bodgie report?
Not necessarily bogus, just well worded for the start of salmon season.
The fish in the picture are only small, the biggest 1 would be about a kg I reckon.

A lot of ppl I've seen come into a shop have no idea and will spend a small fortune because the attendant "recommends" it.

Salmon off the back beaches is very popular down here, I dare say a few $$ might be spent at the local stores around now, so a positive report, leads to positive sales
I agree. TBH, it probably isnt a bad thing, it gets ppl off there arse and out on the beach, as long as they are selling them the right gear and tackle, and giving them the right advice. Lets face it, tomorrow could be the day they turn up, and you might be lucky cos the local shop got you motivated to go out. You wont catch anything sitting on the couch.

Return to “Surf Fishing”