Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: First spin session for the season.

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 25, 2019 6:45 pm

anguiladave wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:44 pm
My first spin for the season last night also. Also after looking at photos of large salmon from previous years caught at this exact time of year.

Temperature wise I think we have a later ' season' on land but not sure if that corresponds to the ocean.

A first for me- I caught a Tailor. Also an australian salmon.

Moggs creek area Aireys inlet. Evening with a storm coming in. New graphite rod. Swell larger than I thought.

Another first for me was getting electrical shocks thought the bail arm and rod seat just before the storm hit.
Very nice mate!
A couple of beauties there :thumbsup:
They look big. How big were they? :)

anguiladave
Has liked: 1 time

Post by anguiladave » Sat May 25, 2019 7:45 pm

Yes 15lb braid 10kg nylon leader. 40g gillies baitfish with a single 2/o gamakatsu hook. I didn't measure but clearly legal.

Unfortunately for the tailor- If i get another its coming home because they are pretty tasty. Bled gilled and gutted straight away.
Attachments
20190525_191558.jpg

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 25, 2019 8:16 pm

anguiladave wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:45 pm

Unfortunately for the tailor- If i get another its coming home because they are pretty tasty. Bled gilled and gutted straight away.
They look tasty toooooooooooo :thumbsup:

Cheers, a now hungry Bugatti

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 25, 2019 8:44 pm

anguiladave wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:45 pm
Yes 15lb braid 10kg nylon leader. 40g gillies baitfish with a single 2/o gamakatsu hook. I didn't measure but clearly legal.

That looks pretty tasty mate.
We got a big tailor the other day as well and it ended up being a very nice meal. Bled, gilled and gutted straight away and washed clean in salt water. I much prefer them over salmons any day :thumbsup:

Return to “Surf Fishing”