Wipe Out!

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Re: Wipe Out!

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat May 23, 2020 1:09 pm

With the price and comfort of an inflatable PFD you would be crazy not to have one these days.

And speaking of crazy, back when i used to live in NSW in my late teens/early 20's we used to spearfish off the rocks around Forster/Tuncurry & Crowdy Head. Some of the spots we fished from meant you had to enter the water by jumping in off the ledge and the only easy way back out of the water was to wait for a wave to wash you back onto the rocks.

I would never do it these days, but i guess when you are young you do silly things.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Sat May 23, 2020 1:18 pm

Ok SteveO, give me a time frame... I lived in Taree (and fished a hell of a lot out of Crowdy) years ago. When were you there?
Some great rock formations around Forster that's for sure

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat May 23, 2020 4:48 pm

I lived in Forster in 1992 and then Taree from 1993 until 2006, including about 6 years at Upper Lansdowne. Its a beautiful area, i was back there in 2018.

I used to have a Quintrex Fishmaster and mostly fished the Manning River and occasionally out of Crowdy. And spearfished off the rocks all up and down that area from Crowdy down to Bennetts Head in Forster. Ive since found a few videos of people catching Bull sharks in the river where i used to swim off the boat every summer. And Great Whites patrolling Tuncurry beach no more than a few 100 metres from our favourite spot between Forster main beach and Pebbly Beach. :o_0:
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 23, 2020 6:36 pm

Nothing to be embarrassed about posting this AI!
Rock fishing can be rewarding but very dangerous as well.
I have done plenty of it over the years and have had a couple of close calls myself.
Cheers 👍🏻

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 pm

Nothing to be embarrassed about mate,main thing is you are ok to fight another day
Im a boat fisho and im sure most of us have had at least one occasion where we have been caught out
We always double check the weather and even then when we arrive at our destination if the conditions are poor we either wait for it to improve or go home .There will always be another day

Return to “Surf Fishing”