Asking for Clarity within the Forum

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
Bugatti

Re: Asking for Clarity within the Forum

Post by Bugatti » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Texas wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:19 pm
I don't necessarily agree with you Bill, but, I'll fight for your right to express yourself in a respectful and manner
Cheers Gra
Thanks Gra :thumbsup:

As for not agreeing, on face value with what has been presented in the first post, I respect that. Hopefully after these replies, that may be re-evaluated.

I did choose my words carefully and tried to be respectful about it, so I'm glad you did recognise that , as others have too, especially Wolly, so thanks to all. (as I try and support others the same)

davek wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:51 am

I need a Panadol after that :( cheers davo
crumpet_avenger wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 am
I'm only a very simple man.

Short and sharp posts hit harder.
Simplifying my initial post was considered but I do understand that unfortunately the length would have put some people off from reading it (which collaterally may have evaded some of the target audience)

Short and sharp posts , , , , are the best, acknowledged. The most unfortunate thing though is that short snippets of text don't always relay sentiment and as seen in some threads, quick whips of a comment in text form, quickly gets out of control into a plethora of miss understandings and accusations, that escalates into , , , , well, with the thread being blocked and the "agro" being stored up , , , , only to come out in a future post.

Regards Bill

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:20 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:30 am
Early start or late night Bill?
Either way mate think the mods have a pretty tough time with a lot of rubbish to be filtered through they are only volunteers at a guess so unlike other judiciary’s they are here to help but aren’t obligated to.
Totally understand rb, a big part if it was to publicise that exact point for all to be reminded, as mentioned loosely in my reply to Wolly

Aaron75 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:58 am
I love the fact that this complaint was submitted at 2:43am.
I have personal commitments that keep me up at odd hours, and surprisingly , , , , many members I have also noticed, at those times, are also signing on or signing off.

I think there are more important things to notice and/or comment on than the time a post is made , , , , additional reply below.

Aaron75 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:58 am
I don't know if the author stayed up half the night composing it or if he woke up and randomly raged about deleted posts on a fishing forum, either way it's hilarious. I think Bugatti is one of those guys who spends his time writing to companies with inane complaints about their products trying to get free stuff.
Texas wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:19 pm
I don't necessarily agree with you Bill, but, I'll fight for your right to express yourself in a respectful manner
Cheers Gra
Aaron, it befuddles me how the same post can be seen by one member as respectful and that another member sees it as raged, as if I have agro.

BB2a.PNG

Also , , , ,

How with the same said two members, with the same said post (so a constant unbiased base line is set, as Sheldon Cooper would say) that one has a respectful reply and the other a negative, almost provoking reply.

Hence members like me are willing to take the "heat" on raising issues so that it may alleviate other members from having to do so on wanting to raise queries but don't , , , , because of that very befuddling anomaly.

Bugattiman.PNG

Respectfully, Bugattiman

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 pm

Just in case some may think , , , , I don't seriously think I am a Superhero, it's just a jovial comment to lighten the mood , , , , more like a Shmuck who wears his undies on the outside, who is outspoken

Just to eliminate any post that may ridicule the Superhero notion

Undies on the outside , , , , well, I put it out there , , , , fire away , , , , if you must :-D

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi Jim, I have the highest regard for you. That's why I quoted your post, as I thought it would be an opportunity to air some "grey area" knowing that you are the type of person not to take it personally and that you would understand the bigger picture.

April Fool wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:47 am
Bill...I deleted the post myself after discussions with the mod in question.
Cheers
Jim
Jim, with what I have learnt about you, and come to know what I do know about you, I did think as much. When I saw your post, then when it disappeared, I sized up the distinct possibility of it being self-cleared. That's why I led with that notion and not the team deletion first.

April Fool wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:47 am
I wouldn't worry about it Bill, I am not!!!
Cheers
Jim
I don't for me. Not withstanding the two personal attacks on me (which no member support was rallied), I have ignored it.

When there has been jovial banter with me, of any kind, I have gleefully joined in. A bit like those two mischievous lovable ratbag felines, all those years ago. They have me in stitches with their antics, my new reading material. But I should take a leaf out of their book , , , , as it seemed, they didn't provide the respite their owner may have needed at the time.

This post was the defining moment for me.
Fish0n4Reel wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:53 pm
Can you please stop saying bad words

Now, it needs to be said that , , , , If the profile is questionable as some may think, I would rather be fooled by a troll/spammer than allow the possibility of a genuine young lad be pummelled, who might not have the age & maturity to deal with it, or raise it in an appropriate manner, no disresspect to the young lad , , , , these are seasoned veterans he's up against.

The comments that were fired at FishOn4Reel were unacceptable. But what is more so disturbing, is that the notion that some members on here think that they can make comments like that.

I did praise in a post reply on that thread, those that did stand up.

I thought somebody had to do something, as this kind of behaviour seems to overwhelm the feeling of the site at times and it happens that often that it is even joked about. Also that the Team are for ever busy cleaning up all that happens. So this is to bring to light, for everyone, the whole process and try and see if some behaviours can be modified.

Thanks to Wolly, and his comprehensive reply, that has shed light on the situation better than I could have expected, what things are being done, how things are being done and that things are going to happen to "whom ever", if their behaviour persists.

I would rather (well for the time being) hold my head up as a Shmuck ridiculed loser having a go, than hold my head low while sitting in the corner dong nothing.

Regards, still hopeful of a better world, Bill

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 pm

hornet wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 am
Think I'll wait till the DVD comes out. :)

I'd wait for the Stage Show hornet, it's in pre-production, due for release at Christmas ;-)

Cheers, Bugatti

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 pm
hornet wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 am
Think I'll wait till the DVD comes out. :)

I'd wait for the Stage Show hornet, it's in pre-production, due for release at Christmas ;-)

Cheers, Bugatti
I would go with a dvd box set of a 10 season TV series bigger than 'Game of Thrones'!!!!!! (insert smilie face here)

I appreciate your comments Bill. Do yourself a favour...research the cats a bit more and smile...then you won't have to type so much! (insert another smilie face here!)
Cheers
Team Bender
Should have went fishing!!!!

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:39 am

Bill youve got to start a podcast. Youve got way too much energy and time :rofl:
and a sense of humour. :thumbsup:
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Return to “Announcements”