BBQ salmon

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
j_pap

Re: BBQ salmon

Post by j_pap » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:36 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 pm
Kill them bleed them and into seawater with ice. Soon as you catch them. At home fillet and skin them cut out the rib bone section. Place in cold water with salt and a bit of brown sugar. Leave overnight then drain and cook. Any uncooked fillets put in sealed container. They will be OK in the fridge for a couple of days. After that they are dog/cat food. They are good BBQed , rolled in flour and spice or in fishcakes. Excellent smoke, just make the soak water stronger, more salt and sugar, if smoking them. I ate yesterdays catch for lunch today. Dogs had them for dinner
Sounds crucial haha

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:51 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 pm
Kill them bleed them and into seawater with ice. Soon as you catch them. At home fillet and skin them cut out the rib bone section. Place in cold water with salt and a bit of brown sugar. Leave overnight then drain and cook. Any uncooked fillets put in sealed container. They will be OK in the fridge for a couple of days. After that they are dog/cat food. They are good BBQed , rolled in flour and spice or in fishcakes. Excellent smoke, just make the soak water stronger, more salt and sugar, if smoking them. I ate yesterdays catch for lunch today. Dogs had them for dinner
Sound tasty. I want to cook right away after I catch them and eat them hold bake or BBQ and put in the foil.

bilby

Post by bilby » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:13 pm

I usually bake them, but first fillet and then slice the fillet in half down the length to make it thinner. This way you get two half-thickness fillets from each side of the fish. This method makes them easier to cook and reduces the risk of the fish becoming chewy due to baking. I then add lemon slices, and sometimes garlic, tomato and a few anchovies to the dish before covering in foil. Delicious.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Haven’t tried that method but sounds great. Hopefully will be catching some soon so gonna give it a go! Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”