Fishing Cape Schanck

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
slinga

Fishing Cape Schanck

Post by slinga » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Gday all,

Just wondering if anyone has fished Cape Schanck on here and had any success. I have fished places like Punchbowl and back beaches for a while but am looking for a new spot which isn't going to be too populated. I have heard good reports in regards to Kingies, Gummies, and Snapper being caught at Cape Schanck but wanted a bit more feedback. I also understand a Northerly would be ideal here.

Thanks

Mick
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Fishing Cape Schanck

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:39 pm

slinga wrote:Gday all,

Just wondering if anyone has fished Cape Schanck on here and had any success. I have fished places like Punchbowl and back beaches for a while but am looking for a new spot which isn't going to be too populated. I have heard good reports in regards to Kingies, Gummies, and Snapper being caught at Cape Schanck but wanted a bit more feedback. I also understand a Northerly would be ideal here.

Thanks

Mick

Make sure your ambulance subscription is up to date :lol:

Went for a reccy of the place, and decided the walk back up all those one million stairs would kill me. So I am giving the place a big miss. :roll: :cry:

wozzamozza

Post by wozzamozza » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 am

I went there in January, but there was so many people in the car park preparing to walk that I went gunamatta beach instead, just had crabs take the bait....

I tried the rocks just up from punch bowl recently. Coal mine ledge (I think) ?? Got a good whiting and a snapper. Very steep walk down, but no way near as long as the walk at punch bowl... If you do fish it, there are snags everywhere. The only spot that we found ok, was casting out to the right in front of the rock, you'll see....... :thumbsup:

slinga

Post by slinga » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 am

Sweet.

Fished punchbowl alot and getting over it hence the new location.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

wozzamozza

Post by wozzamozza » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Head towards kilcunda from p bowl, it's at the end of mabillia road.........

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”