Pictures/Diagrams of your boats electrics

ChrisAbout

Pictures/Diagrams of your boats electrics

Post by ChrisAbout » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Need to wire the boat tomorrow and wanted to grab some ideas.

I've got dual batteries (deep cycle and regular marine one). Will be installing a VSR and running all connection via a fusebox in the cabin.

chris srsc

Re: Pictures/Diagrams of your boats electrics

Post by chris srsc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:29 pm

I used busbar postive and negative and an inline fuse for each item attached...its amazing how quick it gets doibled up...lol
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:40 pm

im keen to see some pics too, ill be doing mine as soon as i get the boat, dual battery one for trolling motor and other for everything else.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:49 pm

Mines fairly simple. I rewired it last year.

Main motor fed straight from dedicated battery.

Auxillary battery up the front does everything else including the minn kota. 80A circuit breaker with Anderson plug wired straight to the electric. A heavy gauge cable then runs to the centre console to an isolator and from there feeds a BEP marine switchboard with auto resetting circuit breakers. Don't want to be screwing around with fuses.

Yes I probably should put a fuse on the feed from the Auxillary battery to the centre console but it shouldn't short out in any way and anything beyond the switchboard is controlled by limitation anyway.

It was a rough and ready rewire. If/when I put a new console on I'll do a full on rewire. Batteries will be under the console. Isolators, circuit breakers, etc. And it will be all decked out for easy charging.

ducky

Post by ducky » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:09 pm

In dire need of a new console. Haha. One day I'll redo the deck, console and transom. One day.....Image

This **** fight. Years of the old owner adding **** to the boat. It was such a mess.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:02 pm

Im doing my boat now....the whole lot.

Ducky....you hapoy with that switch panel on the side off your console?

They have the resetable circut breaker in them??

Cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:21 pm

I upgraded my boat last year to the resettable switch panels last year and ripped a **** load of wiring and fuses out of my boat

ducky

Post by ducky » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:31 am

It was the only spot for it on my console BM. In an ideal world I'd have it on the dash.

They are auto reset. By that I think there must be a bimetal strip or something in them that when its drawing too much current it open circuits. I've never tested them but I assume it's reset by flicking the switch on and off.

Definitely don't want to be screwing around with fuses. It's like for your house. The old SERF ceramic fuses have been replaced by resettable breakers. Much better that way too. Especially when a lack of a spare fuse could mean big trouble if your on the water

Also very easy to wire. 1 feed powers the switchboard off the isolator. The connections for various circuits then only need a spade terminal onto whatever breaker you want to use. And simply common up all the negatives.

chris srsc

Post by chris srsc » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:35 am

1 thing they do recommend is if your running battery cables along the side, put transducer lead on opposite side
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:57 am

ducky wrote:It was the only spot for it on my console BM. In an ideal world I'd have it on the dash.

They are auto reset. By that I think there must be a bimetal strip or something in them that when its drawing too much current it open circuits. I've never tested them but I assume it's reset by flicking the switch on and off.

Definitely don't want to be screwing around with fuses. It's like for your house. The old SERF ceramic fuses have been replaced by resettable breakers. Much better that way too. Especially when a lack of a spare fuse could mean big trouble if your on the water

Also very easy to wire. 1 feed powers the switchboard off the isolator. The connections for various circuits then only need a spade terminal onto whatever breaker you want to use. And simply common up all the negatives.
cheers ducky
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Marine Electronics”