recommended sounder/GPS

Lukey007

recommended sounder/GPS

Post by Lukey007 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:19 pm

so I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good sounder/GPS combo, I would like 2 separate units but don't have the space and it's a bit more exy! I've currently got a navman tracker and have found the sounder to be terrible....I've got 4.9m savage osprey center steer, fish out ppb and westernport, I know lowrance have got the name, but recently I was told the Garmin are starting to hold.there own, but I'm not convinced on the sounder side of things? any suggestions would be great, i would prefer a colour unit, i got a max budget of $2000

cheers
Luke

Mick.S

Re: recommended sounder/GPS

Post by Mick.S » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm

There was same questioned discussed not long ago, do a search.

Also have a look here:
http://www.chsmith.com.au/Electronics/F ... ombos.html

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:49 am

I have a Lowrance HDS7 & love it.
I know many people will come in & say buy Furuno, Raymarine, etc but they are usually much dearer for a decent combo.
For your budget I'd recommend either the HDS7 or have a look at the Humminbird units as well.
Pretty hard to beat in that budget range.
Last edited by Bartnmax on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 pm

Garmin gps units are really good. Garmin sounders are not too bad and lowrance is ok too but it is very hard to go passed the furuno.

Keep in mind the transducer is just as important if not more important that the display.

Lukey007

Post by Lukey007 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I've been doin some.extra research aswell and I think I might spend the extra cash and go for the lowrance hds 10 gen2 and upgrade the transducer....I like the idea of the structure scan, a bit of a gimmick I know but good for pinpointing structure, which I like...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Lukey007

Post by Lukey007 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:24 pm

I had a look at the furuno, but I didn't like the layout of the unit....I guess it's all just personal taste at the end, you hear so many conflicting stories....

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Marine Electronics”