smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Deckie etiquette/rules

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:36 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:38 pm
Yes this needed to be posted!!

Skipper gets first cast!
Reversing trailers and having boat licences big advantage!
Don’t ask to bring a friend!
OFFER FUEL don’t wait to be asked to put ur hand in ya pocket I don’t ask for coin but I don’t invite free losers out a second times
Don't forget skipper gets first fish or it's bad mojo f9r rest of the trip

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:53 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:34 pm
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 am
Lightningx wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm
What a nightmare! My mate always brings everything without me even saying. If it's a night session he will bring dinner, drinks. Day lunch water, all bait and burley and helps wash and pack the boat so I can't complain.
I need a deckie like that.
So.do I lol
Must admit mines pretty good. The other night he brought a nice home cooked meal with a cold beverage followed by hot coffee. When we get back to the ramp he always helps with everything. Couldn’t ask for a better deckie :P brought all the bait and burley as well and had new rigs already made for the trip prior.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:02 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:53 pm
smile0784 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
What a nightmare! My mate always brings everything without me even saying. If it's a night session he will bring dinner, drinks. Day lunch water, all bait and burley and helps wash and pack the boat so I can't complain.
So.do I lol
Must admit mines pretty good. The other night he brought a nice home cooked meal with a cold beverage followed by hot coffee. When we get back to the ramp he always helps with everything. Couldn’t ask for a better deckie :P brought all the bait and burley as well and had new rigs already made for the trip prior.
My main deckie really deserves that title! Work as a team at the ramp and on the water!

First trip out he paid for the fuel and got me a counter meal on the way home. Still can’t reverse a trailer but he can learn with his own.

Sadly his in the market for his own boat..
I can’t wait to sleep in the passenger on the way up to eildon for once haha

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:02 pm
Lightningx wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
So.do I lol
My main deckie really deserves that title! Work as a team at the ramp and on the water!

First trip out he paid for the fuel and got me a counter meal on the way home. Still can’t reverse a trailer but he can learn with his own.

Sounds like a top deckie mate!
You’re gonna miss him once he gets his own boat!
Mine is not the best at reversing a trailer yet as well but is slowly getting there!
Cheers :thumbsup:

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:

So.do I lol

Mine is not the best at reversing a trailer yet as well but is slowly getting there!
Na I needa take my nephew out more anyway! For a 13 yo his a good deckie n good company on the water

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:48 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:25 pm
Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
smile0784 wrote:

So.do I lol

Na I needa take my nephew out more anyway! For a 13 yo his a good deckie n good company on the water
Wait a 14 year old not glued to a pc or console :o_0:

Some great advice on what not to be as a deckie here if i can ever get a ticket onto a boat.

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:57 pm

saph wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:48 pm
BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Some great advice on what not to be as a deckie here if i can ever get a ticket onto a boat.
Yep I plan ahead charger stays at home. N he kills it on the drive up.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Lightningx wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
So.do I lol
Pretty good mate
Mine always offer to bring bait and pay for fuel and drive the trailer out for me.
1 of my deckies drinks a.burner and frying pan and cooks up hot noodles and soup etc

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:07 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
So.do I lol

If can't reverse a trailer is the worse part of your deckie, your way a head of some mate

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:08 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:57 pm
saph wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:48 pm
BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:

Yep I plan ahead charger stays at home. N he kills it on the drive up.
Lol great plan mate lol

Return to “Boating”