Boat ramp etiquette

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: Boat ramp etiquette

Post by frozenpod » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:18 am

Welshpool has been madness lately.

Every Tom, **** and Harry thinking they will catch big snapper and ultimately comming home empty handed.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Gultch78 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:27 pm
cobby wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:40 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 am
Well it’s Silly season again few observations from the local ramp.
-White VW with 5m Maclay struggling to reverse trailer parks at top of ramp blocking other users because because “they want to see how others launch first”
-Bloke blocks ramp to start to unhitch I pull up ready to launch. Me “please move your car if your not ready” Him “I was here first” Me “no you weren’t I was just unstrapping and getting ready without blocking the ramp like your f”””””” suppose to” He gets in his car and moves.

Unfortunately another morning I was launching and there was an aluminium boat on the concrete on another ramp. The blokes removed their safety chain just relying on the boat catch system on the trailer it came off and resulted in a 5m boat on concrete. After trying to help them for a while there was very little that could be done to get the boat up with my help so I suggested the racv get called wished them luck and continued on my way.
Welshpool? I've heard it's been a shitfight a couple of times since christmas
Wednesday after Christmas was crazy cause it was gridlocked boats couldn't get out because trailers were lined up into the exit road took me 40 minutes to get our and as we drove out the trailers were lined up down to the caravan park waiting to retrieve
Person who told me counted over 500! head down the road that day. I'd rather do the dash from somewhere quieter like Mclaughlins and risk the bar when it's like that...

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:13 pm

cobby wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:08 pm
Gultch78 wrote:
cobby wrote:
rb85 wrote:
-White VW with 5m Maclay struggling to reverse trailer parks at top of ramp blocking other users because because “they want to see how others launch first”
-Bloke blocks ramp to start to unhitch I pull up ready to launch. Me “please move your car if your not ready” Him “I was here first” Me “no you weren’t I was just unstrapping and getting ready without blocking the ramp like your f”””””” suppose to” He gets in his car and moves.

Unfortunately another morning I was launching and there was an aluminium boat on the concrete on another ramp. The blokes removed their safety chain just relying on the boat catch system on the trailer it came off and resulted in a 5m boat on concrete. After trying to help them for a while there was very little that could be done to get the boat up with my help so I suggested the racv get called wished them luck and continued on my way.
Wednesday after Christmas was crazy cause it was gridlocked boats couldn't get out because trailers were lined up into the exit road took me 40 minutes to get our and as we drove out the trailers were lined up down to the caravan park waiting to retrieve
Person who told me counted over 500! head down the road that day. I'd rather do the dash from somewhere quieter like Mclaughlins and risk the bar when it's like that...
Why has Welshpool suddenly gone stupid busy
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:17 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:13 pm
cobby wrote:
Gultch78 wrote:
cobby wrote:
rb85 wrote:

What the pod said. Every wannabe wants to be the next winga/standing....

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:21 pm

cobby wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:17 pm
rb85 wrote:
cobby wrote:
Gultch78 wrote:
cobby wrote:

What the pod said. Every wannabe wants to be the next winga/standing....
Thats just embarrassing those guys are successful anglers but they are just guys who love fishing. They should be aspiring to be Rex Munt going by extra curricular activities.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:07 pm

rb85 wrote:
Good question.

From what I can see certain fishing personalities have been pushing the place and claiming it is the place to go for mega reds.

This is a gross exageration. In reality PPB outfishes Welshpool for snapper 5 to 1.

WPB outfishes Welshpool for snapper and KGW signficantly as well.

Welshpool still has netters and scollap trawling which WPB and PPB don't, this could contribuit to some of the difference.

Gultch78
Has liked: 312 times

Post by Gultch78 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:21 pm

The popularity i think is because of lack of decent weather windows and the urge to fish post covid lockdown and the amount of reports from people who have a great day and are keen to tell everyone as opposed to being quiet about your catch at your local ramp
Attachments
Screenshot_20201230-155925_Facebook.jpg
I was a premium member before it was cool #aheadofthepack

Ivans
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Ivans » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:39 pm

No matter what you do there will always be ignorants, I’d just be patience not worth starting possible quarrel. At the end of the day it’s fun on the water, I can spare 5-10 min extras rather than having a go with someone.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 299 times

Post by Tackleberry » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:56 am

I used to work at a boad storage yard here in Painesville I don't give a s***weather it's f****** 12 feet long or 27 foot long any more than 2 minutes on a boat ramp your a **** head and you should **** off and pic another hobby
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:27 am

Tackleberry wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:56 am
I used to work at a boad storage yard here in Painesville I don't give a s***weather it's f****** 12 feet long or 27 foot long any more than 2 minutes on a boat ramp your a **** head and you should **** off and pic another hobby
That’s ridiculous

Return to “Boating”