Boat ramp etiquette

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Boat ramp etiquette

Post by ducky » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:09 pm

I’ve seen the footage too. I’m not sure he was stabbed.

I think it might have been a bait hammer or something.

It was more of a hammer style strike then a stand and the reaction of the “stabee” and surrounding people wasn’t like you’d expect.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:05 pm

Punch on at a south Gippsland ramp over the long weekend too.

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:22 am

This is why i try to avoid going out if i know its going to be insanely busy. I guess i am lucky with my regular job as my days off are almost always Monday and Tuesday, so the ramps are normally pretty quiet.

Maybe they should spend some of that money they promised on building more facilities so that there are more ramps to use. Its all well and good trying to get more and more people into fishing, but you also have to provide the infrastructure to accommodate them all.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

cobby

Post by cobby » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:03 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:22 am
This is why i try to avoid going out if i know its going to be insanely busy. I guess i am lucky with my regular job as my days off are almost always Monday and Tuesday, so the ramps are normally pretty quiet.

Maybe they should spend some of that money they promised on building more facilities so that there are more ramps to use. Its all well and good trying to get more and more people into fishing, but you also have to provide the infrastructure to accommodate them all.
They're so far spending it on traffic management boom gates, skimping costs despite contractor negative feedback, replacing a ramp with an adequate gradient that appears via aerial shots to have been lessened, when all that was needed was an extra 5ft chucked on the end of it, meaning a negative net gain for users given it has been lengthened, and renders a larger proportion of the landing dock area useless...

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:21 pm

cobby wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:03 pm
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:22 am

They're so far spending it on traffic management boom gates, skimping costs despite contractor negative feedback, replacing a ramp with an adequate gradient that appears via aerial shots to have been lessened, when all that was needed was an extra 5ft chucked on the end of it, meaning a negative net gain for users given it has been lengthened, and renders a larger proportion of the landing dock area useless...
Did they seriously make hastings more shallow? Ffs it was fine for everything but the lowest of low tides.

Hell add 5ft as you say and use the other money to pay a contractor to head out on a monthly low low tide with a pressure washer to remove the scum and buildup off everything. 12 visits a year. Would make it primo.

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:12 pm

The full story about this fight was in today's age

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 am

Well it’s Silly season again few observations from the local ramp.
-White VW with 5m Maclay struggling to reverse trailer parks at top of ramp blocking other users because because “they want to see how others launch first”
-Bloke blocks ramp to start to unhitch I pull up ready to launch. Me “please move your car if your not ready” Him “I was here first” Me “no you weren’t I was just unstrapping and getting ready without blocking the ramp like your f”””””” suppose to” He gets in his car and moves.

Unfortunately another morning I was launching and there was an aluminium boat on the concrete on another ramp. The blokes removed their safety chain just relying on the boat catch system on the trailer it came off and resulted in a 5m boat on concrete. After trying to help them for a while there was very little that could be done to get the boat up with my help so I suggested the racv get called wished them luck and continued on my way.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

cobby

Post by cobby » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:40 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 am
-White VW with 5m Maclay struggling to reverse trailer parks at top of ramp blocking other users because because “they want to see how others launch first”
-Bloke blocks ramp to start to unhitch I pull up ready to launch. Me “please move your car if your not ready” Him “I was here first” Me “no you weren’t I was just unstrapping and getting ready without blocking the ramp like your f”””””” suppose to” He gets in his car and moves.

Unfortunately another morning I was launching and there was an aluminium boat on the concrete on another ramp. The blokes removed their safety chain just relying on the boat catch system on the trailer it came off and resulted in a 5m boat on concrete. After trying to help them for a while there was very little that could be done to get the boat up with my help so I suggested the racv get called wished them luck and continued on my way.
Welshpool? I've heard it's been a shitfight a couple of times since christmas

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:05 pm

cobby wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:40 pm
rb85 wrote:

Nah mate not Welshpool but have heard it’s out of control the wannabe fishing celebrity types don’t help
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Gultch78
Has liked: 312 times

Post by Gultch78 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:27 pm

cobby wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:40 pm
rb85 wrote:

Wednesday after Christmas was crazy cause it was gridlocked boats couldn't get out because trailers were lined up into the exit road took me 40 minutes to get our and as we drove out the trailers were lined up down to the caravan park waiting to retrieve
I was a premium member before it was cool #aheadofthepack

Return to “Boating”