ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: quintrex hornet 500 trophy

Post by ducky » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:34 am

cobby wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:15 am
ducky wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:04 am
If it were me spending the schmeckles I’d be looking at plate or glass instead of the press tin or whatever those hornets are made from.

Now take this with a grain of salt Cos it’s a different boat entirely but have a look at the new sea change boating 16 footer. I haven’t looked too closely at it but I believe it’s a haines family venture or something and they are doing some lightweight vacuum infused 16 foot hull. Low sides. But not lower than something that’s 50% cast deck
The SCBX16 is almost identical (transom modification) to the Signature 485SF which in itself is the old Seaquell 460R hull with an extra few cm slapped on. $12k for the bare hull with minor factory add one and the ability to buy add ons like thwart seating, casting decks etc at $1-2k each part that you can fit yourself.

The bare hull, second hand motor and trailer, couple of seats and you're on the water for under $20k. Be 100 times better than a Hornet in rougher stuff
Yep. Proven hull. Great for chop. Awesome estuary boat and fully customisable.

Mustang38
Has liked: 1 time

Re: quintrex hornet 500 trophy

Post by Mustang38 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Thanks Guys, I'll folow on those things. Appreciate the time to reply with your thoughts. Lots of good info.
Best regards
Adrian

Return to “Boating”